PDA

View Full Version : Microfibers held hostage!

SR99
08-22-2012, 08:41 PM
I was washing a load of microfiber towels and my front-load washer died in the middle of the load. Everything is electronic and it's completely dead so the towels are locked in the machine. Apparently there's no way for me to manually release the door and I have to wait several days for a service person to come out.

Kind of funny but also ridiculous that there's no way for me to release the door. I hope the towels don't get ruined from mildew or something while they sit in there for several days.

Anyone ever had this happen on a front load washer before?

loudog2
08-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Is water in there? They will be moldy either way. Why not google and ask how to open the door? Couldn't you unscrew the front panel?

cleanmycorolla
08-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I had this problem once, long time ago. The washer had a release mechanism to open the door on the backside, maybe yours has this too?

SR99
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
There's a little bit of water, but not enough that it would spill out if I were able to open the door manually. I contacted "tech support" (Samsung) and they were completely unhelpful. They just recited the line from the troubleshooting section of the manual, which is only applicable if the control circuitry is working. Mine is completely dead and I explained that I could not do what they told me but they still just recited the user manual.

I did try a general search, but I didn't find anyone with the same problem where it's completely dead. Apparently I'd void the warranty if I removed any panels, and this is probably going to be a costly repair if I had to pay out of pocket.

Hopefully it died during the wash cycle so there is still detergent in the water. Probably less likely to mold/mildew if there's detergent in the water.