PDA

View Full Version : Water Restriction in place

kmsdetailing
08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Didn't see this happening as we had plenty of rain; grass has been green for a while here in NJ but be that as it may, I would like a recommendation on a Rinseless wash product. I have used Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax for cars that aren't very dirty; usually just a little dust.

In the event I get someone that has more than dust I would like to try Rinseless wash product. I will be using this in my garage and won't be using that much water so I don't believe I will be breaking any laws.

My second question pertains to possibly polishing and waxing. Is it safe to machine polish or wax using either the waterless or rinseless wash or should I be gentile and do it manually?

I like the waterless wash by Meguiars so I'll stick with that since I already purchased to bottles of it.

What's your preference for a Rinseless wash and again, is it ok to machine polish or wax or should I do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Where are you again? Last time I looked at the state reservoir levels they were all full. Here, the whole state is green: NJDEP New Jersey Drought Information (http://www.njdrought.org/index.html)

Sure you can machine polish after a rinseless. ONR is good, I like the new DG rinseless.

wysiwyg
08-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Dealing with water restrictions is common in my area.

I have used ONR for my rinseless wash for several years and I have not been disappointed. If my vehicles are very dirty, I'll use a 1 gallon Home Depot bug sprayer with 1oz of ONR to pre soak the panels.

For waterless wash, I use UWWP+. It's an excellent product.

If I plan on machine polishing, I'll use UWWP after ONR to ensure I have a clean surface.

kmsdetailing
08-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks again. I'll give them a try.

Mike Phillips
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
You've all heard the term "Black Gold", that is Petroleum Oil?

Get ready for the new term, "Blue Gold" as water restrictions will become tighter and tighter across the U.S. and the world as we move forward. It certainly isn't going to become less restricted.

There's already battles taking place for water rights here in the U.S. and around the world and there will be more into the future.

Waterless washing and Rinseless washing are the strong trend for the future.

Get used to it...
(and get good at it)

:xyxthumbs:

DaC
08-22-2012, 07:37 AM
You've all heard the term "Black Gold", that is Petroleum Oil?

Get ready for the new term, "Blue Gold" as water restrictions will become tighter and tighter across the U.S. and the world as we move forward. It certainly isn't going to become less restricted.

There's already battles taking place for water rights here in the U.S. and around the world and there will be more into the future.

Waterless washing and Rinseless washing are the strong trend for the future.

Get used to it...
(and get good at it)

:xyxthumbs:

I agree.... I think condos should start putting together with their washing car restriction a new clause: "waterless and rinseless , are allowed and recommended"
I can't wash my car, in theory, on my condo.... But I'm yet to experience a neighbor complaining about my weekly rinseless.

vet
08-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I have been using ONR, and happy with it. I diluted some for QD and clay lube also. I stocked up a while ago when it was on BOGO.

CheckeredFlag
08-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I recently bought some BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Concentrate and I like it so far