PDA

View Full Version : Griots hand polish aggressiveness?

oldgeek
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Where does griots garage hand polish fit on the aggressiveness polish chart?

How does it compare to their machine polishes?

oldgeek
08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
:bump2:

Gunslinger
08-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I think their hand polish isn't very aggressive as far as most polishes go. I've tried it and while it worked good, I ended up buying their random orbital and using their machine polishes and have been much more impressed with the results. Whether the difference is due to using the machine or in the polishes themselves I can't say, but their machine polishes are excellent.

cleanmycorolla
08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
If you want to use something by hand, try Megs Ultimate Compund. I do this when i need to spot polish areas and don't want to rip out the machine to correct something minor.

Blackthorn One
08-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Their Fine Hand Polish is great for removing very minor defects and slight marring. It breaks down into a finer polish. It is a very nice last step polish by hand.

FastNoturbo
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
If you want to use something by hand, try Megs Ultimate Compund. I do this when i need to spot polish areas and don't want to rip out the machine to correct something minor.

I disagree. I used Megs Ultimate compound by hand and ended up with swirls all over that were impossible to remove by hand (i'm quite strong). I ended up buying Megs DE tool and that took care of it. I followed with MEgs Ultimate polish with yellow pad and ended with MEgs Ultimate wax with black pad. Result was very good.
Though their compound if used with their wine colored pad is very harsh and cuts a lot. I did get some marks in the paint from that but maybe that was from hand polishing with too much force, not sure.

cleanmycorolla
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I disagree. I used Megs Ultimate compound by hand and ended up with swirls all over that were impossible to remove by hand (i'm quite strong). I ended up buying Megs DE tool and that took care of it. I followed with MEgs Ultimate polish with yellow pad and ended with MEgs Ultimate wax with black pad. Result was very good.
Though their compound if used with their wine colored pad is very harsh and cuts a lot. I did get some marks in the paint from that but maybe that was from hand polishing with too much force, not sure.

No offense sounds like lack knowledge about hand polishing, it can be done and be done flawlessly with Megs UC, just takes practice! Especially for minor areas, plus its depends on your paint too.