PDA

View Full Version : Auto detail shop extra service ideas???

Bradmerritt
08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi I'm opening up my own shop next spring. And I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas for extra services and offers for promotions
Brad Merritt

mhphoto
08-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Extra services? Headlight repair, paint touchups, window chip repair. I'm sure others will chime in.

neat e34
08-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Would look into:

Paintless dent removal
Window tinting
Plastic bumper repair
Headlight restoration
Alloy wheel scuff repair (on car)
Vinyl/leather repair (incl. re-dying seats, cut, scuff, burn repair)
Window chip & small crack repair (as mentioned)

A lot of these will require additional tools, training & cash but I hope it gives you some ideas...

mwoolfso
08-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi I'm opening up my own shop next spring. And I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas for extra services and offers for promotions
Brad Merritt

Make deals with local shops nearby. For instance, if they buy a premium detailing service they receive an $8 voucher from you at the local Pizza shop. Promotions like this open doors for you, the Pizza shop and your clients in a number of ways that no one every really considers.

Bradmerritt
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Good ideas guys thanks let me know if you think of more I'm writing it all down need options to make money

Brad Merritt

Paul Lonergan
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Sell coffee & donuts :)

However ... If your serious ... Pick something compatible and become a master of it. Ppl will come to you for your skill in this area.

Don't be like the local pizza shop that sells burgers, fries, ribs and chicken just because his competitors are.

Go get em!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Bradmerritt
08-22-2012, 11:46 AM
How about doing rims? Does that make money selling new wheels / installing?

Brad Merritt

DaveT435
08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
How about doing rims? Does that make money selling new wheels / installing?

Brad Merritt
Very competitive...and unreal liability!

Bradmerritt
08-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Very competitive...and unreal liability!

Thanks I'll stay away haha! I'll stick to detailing and just do a service that nobody can beat

Brad Merritt