PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Invisible Glass - Apply with ?

Pages : [1] 2

TripleB
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
From a great deal of reading here it seems that Stoner Invisible Glass is the best product to clean the glass in my new Kia Optima...and at $5.99 here I don't think the price can be beat.

My question is: what is the best way to use this window cleaner? Microfiber cloth?

Thank you for your help and patience as I (after driving for 27 years) finally learn how to properly take care of my car!!!

TripleB

rider9195
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Sprayway Glass Cleaner is $3.99 and it is what I use now. Very easy to use. Spray on MF towel, wipe windows, flip towel to dry side and buff lightly.

CWallace
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
i'm a little embarrassed to say this but i sometimes use old news papers... it's not supposed to streak... so far so good... but they sale microfiber window cloths on autogeek, so you'll probably get alot of suggestions for those!

kevin39208
08-19-2012, 09:14 PM
i'm a little embarrassed to say this but i sometimes use old news papers... it's not supposed to streak... so far so good... but they sale microfiber window cloths on autogeek, so you'll probably get alot of suggestions for those!

I don't think its anything to be embarrassed about. I compared using a MF and a newspaper myself. The only difference I found was the MF was cleaner on my hands, but a little more work to get rid of streaks than the newspaper

rider9195
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM

If it works for you, keep on using that technique! I don't see it before harmful to the glass. So why not use it?

drbobbybones
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I've used newspapers before--I think using dedicated glass microfibers (the ones with no nap) work better for me. Also, using more than one towel (I usually use three) helps to minimize my streaking.

BillE
08-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Another newspaper user here.

Final wipe with a 'tea towel', they're soft and absorbent.

As they say, "Works for me."

Bill

mwoolfso
08-20-2012, 06:59 AM
glass microfiber. I still have some cans of IG left but at $5.99 a can it is the most expensive glass cleaner (per oz.) that I have seen out there. The product is excellent by the way, better than Sprayway IMO.

primo spaghetti
08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
im almost embarrased to admit that i grabbed the stoners microfibre glass wand this weekend at walmart to do my truck windshield. i must say, ive never had a cleaner windshield with less effort. i used wellworth glass cleaner and the yellow microfibre bonnet and would highly recomend the combo.

Hoytman
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Hands down the blue glass cleaning towels you see at gas filling stations...can be bought from local janitor supply houses.

Spray cleaner on glass, then on towels, then wipe window clean. Then use dry blue towels for drying the window to a streak free finish.

aqcivic
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM
i just ordered a dozen huck towels to try on glass. from what I've read they seem to work well and no lint.

Klasse Act
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I have this product w/ rain repelant and really like it but with how much sealant I've got the windows, its tend to smear a bit but its quickly fixed with a little extra wipe:props:

mswerb
08-20-2012, 09:42 PM
im almost embarrased to admit that i grabbed the stoners microfibre glass wand this weekend at walmart to do my truck windshield. i must say, ive never had a cleaner windshield with less effort. i used wellworth glass cleaner and the yellow microfibre bonnet and would highly recomend the combo.

Wellworth glass cleaner? Where did you get that from? The dealership I used to work for got a lot of products from them. They have one of the best multi-purpose glass cleaners around. I ordered a case of their glass cleaner a while back.

primo spaghetti
08-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Wellworth glass cleaner? Where did you get that from? The dealership I used to work for got a lot of products from them. They have one of the best multi-purpose glass cleaners around. I ordered a case of their glass cleaner a while back.

i ordered it from a detail supply shop near my house in Canada. not sure if AG carries the wellworth line.

pm me and i can give you the site. it isn't proper to post the site here IMO.

BillE
08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Hands down the blue glass cleaning towels you see at gas filling stations...can be bought from local janitor supply houses.

Spray cleaner on glass, then on towels, then wipe window clean. Then use dry blue towels for drying the window to a streak free finish.

Just for a bit of clarification, NOT the Scott's Blue paper towels that are on a roll.

I had/have forgotten completely about the "fillin' station" towels. Thanx for the reminder.

Bill