PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Glossy Tire Shine Product that.....

TripleB
08-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Can you please recommend a product to put on my tires that will make them semi-glossy, will last a while, and will not sling onto my car?

Got a new car two weeks ago and they had put a high glossy product on the tires. Looked great but when I got home I noticed that some had slung up onto the side of my car.

Thanks for any and all help.

As a side question: is there a super easy to use (I don't have a buffer tool) swirl removing product that works? My soon to be 16 year old daughter is getting my '02 Accord that has many of them.

TripleB

cleanmycorolla
08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Can you please recommend a product to put on my tires that will make them semi-glossy, will last a while, and will not sling onto my car?

Got a new car two weeks ago and they had put a high glossy product on the tires. Looked great but when I got home I noticed that some had slung up onto the side of my car.

Thanks for any and all help.

As a side question: is there a super easy to use (I don't have a buffer tool) swirl removing product that works? My soon to be 16 year old daughter is getting my '02 Accord that has many of them.

TripleB

Try Optimum OptiBond for you tires....

You can try Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand....

KillaCam
08-19-2012, 06:59 PM
My new favorite tire dressing is Carpro PERL. Barely have to use any and it coats the entire tire. It can also be diluted. Beads water pretty well also.

Jaretr1
08-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I have been using Megs Endurance Spray. It does not sling at all and is low gloss and lasts.

Vegas Transplant
08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Optimum Tire Shine 128 oz. Refill FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/opt500g.html) would be my first choice. Opti-Bond #2.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1509/medium/photo_opti.jpg

steve swafford
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I've been impressed with "surf city garage" beyond black, I buy it at the local wal-mart 1 coat for matte look 2 coats for more gloss it dries quick and does not sling also lasts through a couple of washings or rains. A real value.

CamaroSS27
08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
i liked carpro perl but I feel G6 hypercoat from CG gives better gloss, lasted longer and used less for tire

Silverstone
08-20-2012, 02:03 AM
I've been using forever black but it's not very shiny. Before that I used the Optimum product and it lasted a while and had a nice sheen to it.

RoadRageDetail
08-20-2012, 02:18 AM
If I'm looking for a shiny tire with no sling I'll use Megs Hot Shine in two coats spaced at about 20 minutes apart and wipe down with a microfiber once the second coat settles in.

For a more natural finish, I'm still in love with Blackfire's tire gel, and impressed with what it can do in a single coat.

GoldBl4d3
08-20-2012, 02:44 AM
If I'm looking for a shiny tire with no sling I'll use Megs Hot Shine in two coats spaced at about 20 minutes apart and wipe down with a microfiber once the second coat settles in.

For a more natural finish, I'm still in love with Blackfire's tire gel, and impressed with what it can do in a single coat.

DP Tire Gel. Apply as many coats as you need. No sling. HQ product as usual. :)

Mike lambert
08-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Auto finesse satin tire gell, you can vary the shine with more coats, lasts for several washes

DaC
08-20-2012, 06:52 AM
What ? hasn't anybody told you yet? Ultima tire and trim guard is what you need!
you can layer as much as you want, to get to the gloss you look for... It stats natural black and go glossier as you layer.
it won't sling and lasts a long long time if the surface is well prepared and cleaned before application.

KneeDragr
08-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I got the Blackfire and its working great for me.

TripleB
08-20-2012, 08:37 AM
A buddy of mine says Sanctioned Tire Shine (sp?) is the best. Anyone ever heard of the stuff?

Thanks for all the help so far.

TripleB

pickles
08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
CG Silk Shine is what I have started using lately and I like it alot. I have used the Meguiar's aerosol tire spray but I find that they all sling even with a wipe down. The endurance spray does last for a few washings after.