PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from the UK

Pages : [1] 2

swanicyouth
08-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I want to order some products from the UK that are not available in the USA. I read you "may" have to pay customs, but don't really understand how that works. Will you still receive your stuff? Will they take it? I'm just wondering If that aspect of it could somehow make you not get your order.

I have ordered from Europe before (non detailing stuff), but that company sold most of their products around the world and were experienced at world wide shipping. I never had a problem there. In just afraid I'll place an order and somehow "customs" will mess it up and I won't receive it. It doesn't se like there is too much shipping from detail suppliers from the UK to the USA, so if there is an issue in afraid it will just be my problem.

What's been the experience of ordering from the UK? Is it reliable?

swanicyouth
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, well...placed UK order. Well see.

Wheelzntoys
08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Never had to pay customs. My orders have been small, like waxes. Naviwax, desire, bouncers 22

oldmodman
08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I have had stuff shipped to me from Sweden, Italy, France, And England.

I have never had to pay duty, and as far as I could tell nothing had ever been opened for inspection either.

Fast Eddie
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I've ordered detail items from several stores in the UK and never had to pay any duty/customs fees.

FUNX650
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
-In January 2009…The U.K. implemented, and is regarded as being in compliance with,
the UN's GHS guidelines for international transport of dangerous/hazardous goods.
As long as your "UK package(s) of goods" are correctly labeled/packaged with
the following identifiables, you should be OK!!

First:
International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code); and/or
ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (ICAO TI).

Then, secondly:
Correctly labeled with the identifiables that meets the USA’s implemented:
GHS/DOL/DOT's-PHMSA---(all falling under/within the auspices of the Dept. of State)
requirements for internationally-shipped dangerous/hazardous goods.

Other federal agencies also include: The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC),
Department of Commerce, FDA, EPA, OSHA, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative,
Department of Agriculture, and National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

-The company you're doing business with should know of these rules/regulations.

-Keep in mind…Customs/Dept. of Homeland Security does indeed have
the authority to "check out" internationally shipped packages.
But with a lot of us Humans living in a:
"World Economy", (as so deemed by the UN and its member Nations),
confiscation of most detailing supplies is not on their Top Ten Wanted List.

-One can only imagine the hoops ($$$) that Avi@CarPro and Rob@GTechniq, for example…
...must have to go through to import their product lines.
Probably no added-value, except for their products' per unit-costs, VOC compliance(?).

-And, if you don’t mind…Please keep us informed of any snafus you may encounter. And...
Pics of your products upon their "grand opening"? :D

-More often than not, your concerns expressed about this international-shipping-of-products-matter,
is another reason why I prefer to shop at home...so to speak.

:)

Bob

swanicyouth
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Wow, thanks everyone (esp Bob) for your input. I only did a small order, mostly out of boredom at work.

This is what I ordered:

http://img.tapatalk.com/445449b6-6289-54ce.jpg

It's Bilt Hamber, G technic (L1), and AutoGleam

Really looking forward to the Bilt Hamber Finnis and the AutoGleam deionizer for no spot drying. It should be good for 20 rinses. When it's done, you just replace it.

604_Snooze
08-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Hello swanic, why did you decided to get the autogleam water filter instead of the ones available locally?

dad07
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow, thanks everyone (esp Bob) for your input. I only did a small order, mostly out of boredom at work.

This is what I ordered:

http://img.tapatalk.com/445449b6-6289-54ce.jpg

It's Bilt Hamber, G technic (L1), and AutoGleam

Really looking forward to the Bilt Hamber Finnis and the AutoGleam deionizer for no spot drying. It should be good for 20 rinses. When it's done, you just replace it.

and could you show the total in American Dollars?

and let us know how it works out.

swanicyouth
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Hello swanic, why did you decided to get the autogleam water filter instead of the ones available locally?

I never saw one like this available here. Of course there is the CR Spotless. The others I've seen are water softners, this claims to be a deionizer. Just thought I would give it a try since I was ordering.

swanicyouth
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Package shipped via DHL! Shipping seems to be based on weight. I priced out to just ship one container of wax, it's about 20 bucks. But my order had some heavier items (UK style no touch Snow Foam and Deionizer, so my shipping was about 45 bucks. For the person who asked for a conversion to dollars, if you multiply UK pounds by 1.5 you get *approximate* US $.

swanicyouth
08-22-2012, 04:25 PM
So much for worrying about problems. Ordered this stuff Sunday 5pm from England, today is Wednesday and package was at my door at noon. That's 3 days to come from England to my front door. DHL requires a signature, so I missed it, but I'll be there tomorrow. I'm really surprised at the speed. Only downside is delivery cost, which was around 45 dollars on a $150.00 order.

sproketser
08-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Talk about fast service , As you said , downside s the shipping rates

Bigbull2984
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
and could you show the total in American Dollars?

and let us know how it works out.

Just multiple the total by $1.5899

Twister
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Wow that's fast. I've ordered from Japan before and it took a long time. My package sat in customs for a long time too

Where did you order from?