PDA

View Full Version : car wash brush?

CrazyJay
08-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I typically use a MF mitt to clean my car and was wondering if there are any decent mops available to make things go a little quicker.

Finemess
08-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I've been eyeing this myself.
AutoFiber Car Wash Mop Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/autofiber-wash-mop.html)

ScottB
08-19-2012, 11:57 AM
boars hair is the only brush I would even consider, and they arent cheap.

CrazyJay
08-19-2012, 04:42 PM
boars hair is the only brush I would even consider, and they arent cheap.
Probably more fun if I kill it myself I'd imagine ;)

GoldBl4d3
08-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Probably more fun if I kill it myself I'd imagine ;)

ahhahahaha right on!

I to am trying to find a suitable brush. I am leaning toward a MF wash mit brush. But havent found any to my specs.

I have found this one wich looks safe: Shurhold Swivel Pad & Lambs Wool Cover Combo, lambswool cleaning pad (http://www.autogeek.net/shurhold-swivel-pad-combo.html)

any reviews on it?

mswerb
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
You say you want things to go "quicker". The only time I want washing to go quicker is when it looks as if it's going to rain. Take your time, go over it carefully.
By the way, I use a microfiber wash mitt. Works great, if you keep it clean.

durant113
08-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I have had the Montana Boars hair brush now for about 2 years and love it. At first it does have a bit of an odor but it goes away. I was two vehicles twice a week and it has held up very well. Only complaint is it is difficult to drag across my grit guard. I had to buy a Groits wash bucket. They are pricey but I will never be without one.

CrazyJay
08-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Boars head looks like the ticket. Any issue with scratching?

@mswerb- I use the MF mitt and it works great. Was just looking at alternatives. I thought I had seen where you could hook the mitt to the end of a pole and use it.

Buckskincolt
08-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Boars head looks like the ticket. Any issue with scratching?

I have one, I'm not impressed at all. If you grab it, fill your buckets with water then go to work you will wonder who took sandpaper to your paint.:mad:

I've found you have to soak the brush (preferably in hot soapy water) for 20 - 30 minutes to soften the hairs before you use it to keep it from scratching, each time. Mine hangs on my wall now to remind me to think twice and do better research before I buy because someone says it's the best thing since sliced bread.:nomore:

I use top quality mitts and that's it!Im the MAN

iceman978
08-20-2012, 08:48 AM
I have the boar's head brush with the extension pole. I love it and haven't seen any issues with it scratching the paint on my cars. However, as Buckskincolt said it is wise to soak the brush in warm, soapy water (like your wash bucket) for a few minutes before using it.

durant113
08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I let mine soak while I take care of the wheels, tires and fender wells. I have not noticed any scratching on any of my vehicles. I have found a soap that works well for me so that helps too.