PDA

View Full Version : Nasty 2010 Dodge Ram

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 12:44 AM
This came in with 1/4 inch of dust over the engine and inside and at least and inch of mud on the exterior. I almost thought it would be too much. Took 10 hours post comments

primo spaghetti
08-18-2012, 06:11 AM
looks good, but i feel i need more.:hungry:

what products did you use? steps, process etc. was it just an interior and engine clean?

vet
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Looks good!

A few more details would be nice, like primo said.

master detailer
08-18-2012, 09:13 AM
they are alot of work. But look so much better when your done and the cusm is real happy. Ones that are not to bad sometimes its hard to show them a big change for the money they spend

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
they are alot of work. But look so much better when your done and the cusm is real happy. Ones that are not to bad sometimes its hard to show them a big change for the money they spend

He actually came to pick it up originally and wasnt hapy with it but he didnt bother reading what was included in the package. I did a lot of extra work for free and didnt charge him the extra i should have for exccesive dirt/dust. Hopefully he comes tonight and is blown away.

Klasse Act
08-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Hell of a job right there! That engine bay....my God, how does that happen in 2 yrs of ownership, does it live in the desert or something? How was the paint, usual heavy orange peel like all Rams?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Im new at this so my processes are probably all screwed up. I got this truck at night so i detailed the inside first. Here are my steps with products for interior

- Wipe down all interior dust with Optimum APC and terry cloth towel
- Shampoo Carpets with CG Lightning Fast then dry
- Wipe down consoles with Optimum APC
- Spray Einszett Degreaser on rubber floor mats scrub with brush then pressure wash
- Spray all season mats with 303 Aerospace Protectant
- Wipe down door jambs and all dust in doors and weatherstripping etc with Opti APC
- Clean all interior windows with CG Window Clean
- Spray consoles,vash vinyl with Einszett Cockpit
- CG Leather Clean on leather scrub with brush
- CG Leather Conditioner x2 coats wipe down after

Exterior (Had approx 1 inch of mud in wheel wells and over most of truck

- Rinse with no hose attachment to wet mud
- Power wash exterior to rid of all mud.
- Power wash wheel wells and wheels
- degreaser on wheel wells sit for 1 minutes
- Griots heavy duty wheel wash on wheels and tires
- scrub wheels, wheel wells and tires using Mothers Wheel well and wheel brushs and Dayton Wheel Brushes
- Power wash clean.
-Second exterior power wash just to make sure i got everything
- hand wash with microfiber mit and optimum car wash and 2 bucket system
- power rinse
- Hand dry with microfiber towel
- Hand wax with collinite 845
- trim restore/protections with ultima trim and tire guard
- clean all exterior windows with CG Windlow Clean
- Touch ups on door jams and exterior with Victoria Wax Spray Detail
Engine
Pressure wash (from a distance) to soak dirt and dust
2nd rinse to rid of dirt and dust.
Sprayed with Einszett Greaser aggitate with mothers brush
Rinse off (run engine to help dry)
Sprayed black plastic and hoses with Griots engine bay dressing
wipe down with terricloth

*** I also using special brushes and stuff on the interior to get into hard to reach spots, vents and cracks where dust had built up badly. Very sore today from this detail but i think it looks amazing. Any questions or advice on processes are welcome

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Hell of a job right there! That engine bay....my God, how does that happen in 2 yrs of ownership, does it live in the desert or something? How was the paint, usual heavy orange peel like all Rams?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online paint was scratched to hell in a few places and peppered as he has no muflaps. Had a few chips which were rusting. Small scratchs i took care of for free to be nice. Its a beautiful truck too bad it wasnt taken care of. Sad to see stuff like that.

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 12:18 PM
looks good, but i feel i need more.:hungry:

what products did you use? steps, process etc. was it just an interior and engine clean?

im taking exterior after pics today when i get home from work. It was 1 a.m. when i finished it so obviously too dark outside. Stay tuned !!!

lokerola
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
looks like a desert truck. Nice job cleaning up the interior.

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Heres the exterior

rider9195
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks really good! What wasn't he happy about?

Wayneezy
08-18-2012, 11:24 PM
just some mud here and there on the exterior wheel wells and under the tail gate. i mean like minimal as you can see it was pretty nasty. i think i need a tornador for crevices and what not but i think i did a good job especially for what i was working with hahah

flyinion
08-19-2012, 03:40 AM

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

I could do that to my Jeep in a day of off-roading. Trails here in California are very dusty.

edit: yes I'm talking about the engine bay.