PDA

View Full Version : Wax removal question...

Lonestar
08-17-2012, 04:50 PM
hi guys!

Newbie here. Using Meguairs nxt 2.0 and wanted opinions on the best Cobra to use for removal and buff.

Thanks!

Ironman
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM
hi guys!

Newbie here. Using Meguairs nxt 2.0 and wanted opinions on the best Cobra to use for removal and buff.

Thanks!

I spoke with a local (well respected) detailer in my town and he said he uses Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) in a 1:1 ration with distilled water.

He stated to wash the car very well, dry it and then proceed with the alcohol/water combo where you spray it onto the paint and immediately wipe off with a MF towel. He suggested washing the car once again after you are done stripping the wax off.

Hope this helps.

Wheelzntoys
08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Supreme 530 microfiber towel, buffing cloth, drying towel, detailing towel, 530 towel (http://www.autogeek.net/supreme-buff-microfiber-towel.html)

Blackthorn One
08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
hi guys!

Thanks!
I get the feeling you mean excess wax removal and the final buff and not stripping wax off completely.
In general, you want a tight weave MF for excess removal, and a soft plush one for the final buff. I like my Shamrocks for the final buff.