PDA

View Full Version : Wal-mart....

luv a shine
08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
i was in Wal mart and they are selling Megs DA Kit,Megs DA buffer,105,205 and all there soft buffs,backing plates......dont worry AG is still way cheaper.

dose this scare anyone to details for a living ???

Setec Astronomy
08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
i was in Wal mart and they are selling Megs DA Kit,Megs DA buffer,105,205 and all there soft buffs,backing plates......dont worry AG is still way cheaper.

dose this scare anyone to details for a living ???

They are only selling that stuff at less than 5% of Wal-Marts, unless something has changed. I don't think it really matters what they sell at Wal-Mart, none of it is going to affect your business. No one who even dabbles in DIY detailing ever pays for a detail, how many times have you had a customer who said "I tried this myself but I gave up"? Most of them don't know a wash bucket from a flower pot.

Agfan
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Only thing it's going to affect is ag. I allready am buying from them. Prices are close enough and with shipping its actually cheaper.

luv a shine
08-16-2012, 09:22 PM
The cashier said its been in the store for two mouths and not moved. The buffer was 175+ tax

Buckskincolt
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Personally I'd pay 25% more to Autogeek before buying at WM. But then to even know if WM had a product I'd have to shop there ...... And I don't!

Seems to me this might help the pro, once someone who doesn't know what they are doing with a buffer gets done they will need a pro detailer to fix it!:D

Setec Astronomy
08-16-2012, 09:33 PM
The cashier said its been in the store for two mouths and not moved. The buffer was 175+ tax

There was a big thread about it here, earlier in the year. Some of us predicted that this would bomb like the AutoGlym HD wax did there--it's just too expensive for the people who buy detailing supplies at Wal-Mart. It is good for an Autogeek that needs something in an emergency, though.

I wonder if it will be worth it to drive 50 miles to the closest Wal-Mart that stocks this stuff when they blow it out at 1/4 price in October?

oldmodman
08-17-2012, 02:10 AM
I wonder if it will be worth it to drive 50 miles to the closest Wal-Mart that stocks this stuff when they blow it out at 1/4 price in October?

Yes!

But with my luck they will have sold out

going_gorillaz
08-17-2012, 04:12 AM
i looked online and didnt see it....

William D.
08-17-2012, 06:48 AM
They stopped selling AutoGlym HD there? I bought some about a year or so ago, still have it. Good stuff, although I like my Liquid Glass the best. ( Apple to Oranges, I know)

To make it fair, as far as waxes go (from my experiences) for the price, hard to go wrong with NXT 2.0 Tech wax.

Mike lambert
08-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Bought some m205 on an emergency trip to wm, was a bad batch, pain to return it

DaHen
08-17-2012, 08:13 AM

In what way was it a bad batch?

I Shine
08-17-2012, 09:51 AM

That's strange ? I know some people don't care for Wal-Mart for various reason. But their return policy is pretty good. They have always taken returns back no questions asked. My son works there and he has told me crazy stories of people returning VERY well used items.

Wal-Mart's TLC (Tire Lube Center) is the absolute worst place to get an oil change. But that would have to be a different thread all togethor.