PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite tire brand?

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
08-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I know they all vary by car and such, but I've been looking to purchase some Hankook tires, currently I have Goodyear Eagle LS2's. Is one a better brand than the other? I drive a 2009 Corolla, about 75mile round trip to work in LA, so some good tires are needed. I wasn't too fond of the goodyears though, they were noisy. Does anyone ride on Hankook's? Thoughts?

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I would stick with the LS2's.

sparty
08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Read the reviews on TireRack.com, they are pretty spot on. Over the years I have tried many different tire brands, Pirelli, BF Goodrich, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Kumho, Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, Yokohama, etc. Every brand had its +'s and -'s depending on the car and driving style of the owner. If I had to pick one as my favorite brand I would go with Continental, they have the most +'s, quiet, handling, & wear, but they are pricey!

-Sparty

timaishu
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Loving my Yokohama S-Drives. :hotrod2:

jrose0070
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I would go with Michelin defender or Bridgestone turanza with serenity if you want a quiet ride

timaishu
08-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I dont buy into the whole "quite tire" nonesense. My summer tires can be loud or quiet depending on the road smoothness. It is a new road, my car feels like a luxury car, so quiet. My mom has some Hankook highmileage tires and there is no difference in noise level between our cars.

SANTA3013
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Hankook on my truck. Great ride and handle well on dry or wet pavement.

JAF06SE
08-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I put Hankook Optimo H727's on my wife's Nissan Rogue right after I bought it. Took one look at the crappy stockers, and knew they would suck in the snow. Looked up some reviews and they were junk. Started shopping and could only find these in her size in stock local. Read reviews and they are outstanding. Been happy with them so far. Definite plus is that they are a 90-100K mile tire.

drbobbybones
08-16-2012, 09:39 PM
I dont buy into the whole "quite tire" nonesense. My summer tires can be loud or quiet depending on the road smoothness. It is a new road, my car feels like a luxury car, so quiet. My mom has some Hankook highmileage tires and there is no difference in noise level between our cars.

Certain tires are definitely quieter than others. People in the GT-R community have changed from the stock Dunlops or Bridgestones (which are both run-flat) to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (not run-flat) and have noted a significant difference in ride quality and noise for the better.

That said, the new Goodyear F1 Supercar G2 are the stickiest OEM tire I have ever seen. They are almost racing slicks, and give the current Vette and Camaro an advantage to almost any handling comparison test they are entered in.

Bigbull2984
08-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Bridgestone I have had good luck with NON OE potenzas and turanzas. I love the G019, but they are just too loud. I just got some Serenitys and love the quietness.

Talvanos
08-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I run BFGoodrich KDWs. Absolutely love them. Great wet and dry traction even cornering.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

pointillistic_practitioner
08-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm no expert on tires by any means, but I had pirellis on my '97 accord and changed them out for kumho (or maybe it's kuhmo? not sure of the spelling lol). I bought the kumho based on a recommendation from the guy at the tire store who said they were a very good tire at a very affordable price. I said okay, and since they were put on I've noticed an increase in grip and handling. That could also be due to the fact that my pirellis were quite old..... however for the price, they can't be beat! I drove them on a 300 mi trip in torrential rain, and they were still good. Just my 2 cents.

timaishu
08-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Certain tires are definitely quieter than others. People in the GT-R community have changed from the stock Dunlops or Bridgestones (which are both run-flat) to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (not run-flat) and have noted a significant difference in ride quality and noise for the better.

That said, the new Goodyear F1 Supercar G2 are the stickiest OEM tire I have ever seen. They are almost racing slicks, and give the current Vette and Camaro an advantage to almost any handling comparison test they are entered in.

Im still not convinced. Across our 3 cars, I have driven on 7 different tires and there has been no dicernable difference. The biggest and only difference in noise was related to the road surface and how much noise deadening the car had.

Mike Phillips
08-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Interco

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/boggers01.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
08-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Truck - BF - Goodrich All-Terrain T/A

Toyota Camry - Toyo Proxies

Z06 Corvette - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar