PDA

View Full Version : preference

chevyblue01
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Anyone have preference on washer/pump combos?
we ordered the honda with the AR pump. but just found a smoking good deal on a RIGID with a subaru motor and CAT pump. I have read on both and both seem great. ANyone have any negatives or positives on either?
Our new trailer is going to be finished tomorrow and equipment needs to be installed. any ideas would be appreciated

stibuki
08-16-2012, 01:47 AM
I would go with the RIGID but just make sure it has the CAT pump as they made some changes to the lower end models last year. I have had one of their contractor grade units for almost 4 years now and never a problem. AR makes a good pump also but it's going to be a little bit easier to get parts for a CAT pump, soon or later it will need to be rebuilt. Between the Honda and the Subaru engines both excellent choices so it's a toss up. The Honda might have more places to service but the Subaru has started to gain more acceptance so might also be a non issue. You didn't say who the maker of the Honda/AR was so I would assume it's an off brand? RIGID has a large following with contractors so service/warranty service as a whole unit might be easer to find. Just remember to maintain the equipment. Get in the habit of using pump saver if it won't be in use for a few weeks or stored for the winter. Same for the engine remember to drain the gas and or use a fuel stabilizer if being stored for extended periods of time.

chevyblue01
08-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Thank you very much. In my month of being on this board you gave me one of the most thorough answers I could have asked for. I rarely get responses on here so when I do I appreciate them. The Honda/AR is a unit the guy sales when he builds the trailers. Not sure if there is an overall brand. We found the rigid unit today with the cat pump and it's the commercial unit for like 450$ off of retail and we can get the extended warranty on it. Thinking of going back now and getting It in place of the Honda/AR. The rigid is more psi (not that we need it) but is nice to know.anyother things I should look for please let me knkw

stibuki
08-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Your welcome... Does the trailer guy service what he sells and whats the warranty on the pump and the engine? Your most likely going to want a longer hose if either comes with only a 20 or 25 foot hose. Make sure you have a decent selection of not to aggressive tips and a few spars as they seem to run and hide (get lost) when your not looking. Its a preference but I prefer a short wand. You also have to take into account that PSI is not the only factor in cleaning power GPM (gallons per minute) has as much if not more effect. Just make sure that your water source can meet or exceed the proper amount of GPM the pump is rated for. Any less and you will ware the pump out faster.

chevyblue01
08-16-2012, 02:27 PM
No he does not service theequipment. We ordered a 100 foot hose and a larger water tank. the pump on the honda unit is an upgraded pump and we read the specifics they all match up. just trying to look out for the future. A part of me would rather spend a few bucks more and have a 3-5 year warranty from home depot as a peace of mind. how big of a generator do you use?

Your welcome... Does the trailer guy service what he sells and whats the warranty on the pump and the engine? Your most likely going to want a longer hose if either comes with only a 20 or 25 foot hose. Make sure you have a decent selection of not to aggressive tips and a few spars as they seem to run and hide (get lost) when your not looking. Its a preference but I prefer a short wand. You also have to take into account that PSI is not the only factor in cleaning power GPM (gallons per minute) has as much if not more effect. Just make sure that your water source can meet or exceed the proper amount of GPM the pump is rated for. Any less and you will ware the pump out faster.

stibuki
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I got my last RIGID from HD also. I always go with buy the best you can afford as it usually saves money in the long run. I am not mobile so no generator here. From everything I have read go up 25% or better from what you think you will need. Remember most electric tools use more amperage at start up!

chevyblue01
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Good thinking. Thank you again for all your insight.. I ask lots of questions on this site and get very little responses. What polisher do you use?

stibuki
08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
More than glad to help! Frankly I am surprised you don't get more responses. This forum and it's members are usually very helpful. I use the usual like most on here. I've got 2 PC 2474 XP's, 1 Flex 3401 VRG and a old crusty rotary that I don't use much but it has it's place. Currently I have my eye on a Flex L3403 VGR rotary for it's size and weight.

chevyblue01
08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah have been trying to ask many questions and finally posted a thread and asked what does it take to get responses... We just ordered to makita multi speed polishers. Pretty excited to get them in tomorrow.

stibuki
08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Excellent, looks like you are almost ready to go. Good luck with your new rig!