PDA

View Full Version : Detailer's Insurance?

kmsdetailing
08-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I've seen several posts on members mentioning they have Detailer's Insurance. Before doing just a search, I thought I would post on what companies you detailers use and what can I expect to pay; I guess that depends on what I want covered but I guess I can decide on that a little later.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

chuck86
08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Subscribed!

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Amaze 4G avec Tapatalk

Eandras
08-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Basically you need a good umbrella business policy. If you own a garage and will be using it for detailing you. Need to get garage keeper rider.

Remember you are in NJ there are copies that do not do,insurance business in NJ. It goes back to the auto insurance business. When a lot of insurers did not want to sell auto insurance so they were not allowed to sell any insurance.

A good company is NJ manufacturers. They work with small businesses to get a complete package. Business, Auto, Home.

Ed

6supersport7
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I am in the process of looking for insurance as well. I am wanting to offer both mobile and drop off services for more in depth correction at my garage. Not sure what kind of policy I need. I probably will call mutiple agencies next week.

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I carry Garage Keeper's insurance in case something happens to a customer's vehicle while in my care as well as Garage Liability in case something happens to somebody (personal injury) while around my equipment (i.e. they trip over a hose and break their leg, etc.)

ProDetail
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Subscribed.
From what I've gathered you want $1 million coverage with a garage keeper of atleast $30k. I'm also looking, I thought i had one nailed but unfortunately couldn't get the company to deal in MA. Although he has been extremely helpful in helping me find insurance.

tuscarora dave
08-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I have general business liability at $300K coverage and the garage policy covers $50K. There are other coverages on things like work related vehicle accidents where if I am injured as the result of a crash in my work van which is also covered in my policy, I'll get payed $2,500 monthly while I can't be at work because of the injury. There is also an accidental death coverage if I should be killed on the job, the beneficiary gets payed X amount.

Here in PA, whether you have a garage or are mobile only the garage policy covers the vehicle's involved in any accidents so if you don't have a garage policy and run your mobile rig into a customer's house or car etc. you'll be paying out of pocket for the damages. It might be a good Idea to ask your agent about this in your state.

Paint burns and other incidental damages caused to a customer's vehicle as a result of any mistakes you make are not covered in general liability or garage policies. That cost comes out of your pocket so make sure to buy plenty of tape.

I am insured through "Erie Insurance" and it runs me $1,200 a year.

rustytruck
08-16-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm mobile. I work in western Ma and Northern Ct.

I have 1 million in general liability, $30,000 garage keepers, $5000 if my tools and equipment are stolen out of my truck. I have a waiver that covers me when working on RVs (things like rubber roof treatments and winterizing)

Cost was right around $860. No payment plan. Needed to be paid all up front.

Name of company is RLI insurance company. They are out of Illinois. Their website says they operate in all 50 states.

Pro detail you are in mass so I know you should be able to get a policy no problem.

van185
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I have checked with several insurance companies over the past several weeks also. The cheapest I found is through AAA Automotive. They offer a garage keepers policy. Most companies will not write me a policy due to my business being located on my property near my residence. I really don't understand that part, but who really understands insurance companies anyway.

kmsdetailing
08-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I really DO appreciate them. I'm going to start with my car & homeowners insurance with NJ Manufacturers.