PDA

View Full Version : Question about Opti-coat

Wayneezy
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I was wondering if this is safe on all wheels including custom wheels chrome etc.

If so how much wheels could one tube do ? Thanks for the info

ihaveacamaro
08-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure it is. One tube is normally good for 1-2 cars, so I would imagine it can do a lot of wheels, if all you are doing is wheels.

arack
08-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I was wondering if this is safe on all wheels including custom wheels chrome etc.

If so how much wheels could one tube do ? Thanks for the info

A whole car and wheels is about 10cc's. I would estimate about 1 cc for four wheels. If you are doing the entire inside of the wheels, then 2cc's at the most.

If you are only doing wheels, then you will get at least abot 40- 80 wheels out of a 20 cc tube.

Wayneezy
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks so much. I am looking at selling "wheel protection coatings" to local wheel suppliers and parts department at my work place. I thought it was a good idea any comments are welcomed

Rsurfer
08-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Be sure that the wheels are squeaky clean before applying OC. You might want to look into Opti Guard for wheels.:xyxthumbs:
Thanks so much. I am looking at selling "wheel protection coatings" to local wheel suppliers and parts department at my work place. I thought it was a good idea any comments are welcomed

dougaross
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I've had on my wheels for 18 months. It sure makes clean up easy.

MinnBobber
08-15-2012, 04:18 PM

You might want to consider selling Opti-Coat wheel treatment as an ala carte service to the general public.
$X for set of wheels on a car with miles on it.
$Y (slightly less) for wheels on a brand new car where owner wants them protected.

Wayneezy
08-15-2012, 04:25 PM
You might want to consider selling Opti-Coat wheel treatment as an ala carte service to the general public.
for set of wheels on a car with miles on it.
(slightly less) for wheels on a brand new car where owner wants them protected.

I was thinking of this as well ya. And offering on brand new after market wheels.

crxman2010
08-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I've had on my wheels for 18 months. It sure makes clean up easy.

I am going on about 10 months, water still beads like crazy on them and I have yet to need anything stronger than my car wash solution and a sponge to remove brake dust and tar... Even if I had a garage queen that I was thinking about not coating the paint (love waxing?), I would coat the wheels without a second thought.