PDA

View Full Version : Best Hose?

paivag
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I am tired of buying Home Depot or Lowes hoses as they bend and twist. They also don't seem to rollup very well. There has to be softer hoses out there made of durable rubber or plastic.

Anyone have any ideas? What type of hose do you use?

sparkie
04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Try this link:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/3529-water-hose.html

travisdecpn
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I really like Gilmour Flexogen hoses, they are very durable and come with solid brass ends as opposed to the light-weight ends on most inexpensive hoses. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so while they may cost significantly more than other hoses, their quality is top notch. Using quick disconnects really makes the hose though, if you have a couple of nozzles and a foam gun, being able to quickly connect the needed nozzle is a great asset. Quick disconnects also help avoid kinks since it acts much like a swivel allowing the nozzle to spin and not turn the hose with it. Hope this information helps.

Al-53
04-11-2007, 05:34 AM
The best water hose to get is the Sears 100% rubber hose...no kinking..rolls up even..lifetime warranty ..does not get stiff in cooler weather...best money spent hands down..there are other rubber hoses out there also as good as the Craftsman hose..just Sears is closer and and they take them back if any problems no hassles

Al

ScottB
04-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Mine is black and commercial grade, and I believe made by Goodyear. Must be 5 years old and still working great. Most come with lifetime warranties, but saving the receipt and info is unlikely after a year or two.

mingraygt
04-11-2007, 05:53 AM
I have 2 Goodyear hoses that I bought at WalMart and they are very durable.
Ryan

Whitethunder46
04-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Easy question!!!

Craftsman all rubber black commercial hose. They are on sale right now as well!!! (At least locally.) They have lifetime warranty and very flexible.

Al-53
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Easy question!!!

Craftsman all rubber black commercial hose. They are on sale right now as well!!! (At least locally.) They have lifetime warranty and very flexible.

yes great hoses...and no receipt needed at sears..they just exchange them...they are goodyear hoses..best to buy quality at first..then you never need to fight the hassles of poor quality down the road later..

AL

P1et
04-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Great info as my current hose in the FRITZ!!!

wytstang
04-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I went with GoodYear very happy and pretty darn thick. Should last a lond time.

Jimmie
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
The best water hose to get is the Sears 100% rubber hose...no kinking..rolls up even..lifetime warranty ..does not get stiff in cooler weather...best money spent hands down..there are other rubber hoses out there also as good as the Craftsman hose..just Sears is closer and and they take them back if any problems no hassles

Al

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: It's the black one with "Craftsman" lettering. Last hose that you will ever need to spend money on. Sears will take it back with no hassle and no receipt. Not that you may ever have to do that. Mine is 7 years old and still looking great.

mingraygt
04-11-2007, 03:40 PM
yes great hoses...and no receipt needed at sears..they just exchange them...they are goodyear hoses..best to buy quality at first..then you never need to fight the hassles of poor quality down the road later..

ALI agree! Its better to pay now than pay later!