PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a car porduct to clean/polish a glass cooktop.

Pages : [1] 2

720eyes
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Our glass cooktop has baked-on stuff that wont come off with household products.
Just wondering.

Cman8
08-14-2012, 02:24 PM
I used my steam cleaner and a magic eraser. It worked wonders for me.

DaHen
08-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Its not a car product but had to resort to a straight edge razor blade (in a holder) a few times. Followed up with the good old magic eraser.

Once its clean I use an orange pad on the Girots polisher with the polish that came with the stove. :buffing:

Hammondc
08-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Yep! PB SSR3 then 2. Restored to like new.Had a LOT of crap burned on from cooking for Thanksgiving/Christmas/NYE last year - Boiled peanut juice, chocolate sauce, cajun roux, soup, bbq sauce and tons of other stuff. It was a mess.

Becciasm
08-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Klasse AIO has worked wonders in the past when other 'cooktop cleaners' wouldn't cut it!

ScottB
08-15-2012, 04:43 PM
I know some Vette owners that use Ceramibrite (stove cleaner) to clean their mufflers and tips.

cleanmycorolla
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
I mixed up some UWW+ for the lady to use for cleaning our stove when we ran out of our normal house cleaners, she enjoyed it. She uses a microfiber sponge to clean everything too, it did a good job, left it nice and shiny too!!

Porsche Pilot
08-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Klasse FTW. I even use it to machine polish the outside of the windows on my house. Does wonders getting the water spots off.

ScottB
08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Klasse FTW. I even use it to machine polish the outside of the windows on my house. Does wonders getting the water spots off.

Klasse AIO is so versatile around the house. Just dont use it on the tile shower floor ... man that was a painful lesson.

fr0mastaj
08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I was strangely wondering the same exact thing earlier! White or Orange LC pad? :)

DaHen
08-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I was strangely wondering the same exact thing earlier! White or Orange LC pad? :)
I use the orange pad. Ya want it nice and clean, either the stove top or shower tile.

:xyxthumbs:

Dirtyrango212
08-16-2012, 10:14 PM
That's funny a few weeks ago the misses said we gotta remember to get more Cook top® cleaning cream for smooth top ranges. Lol its a white & black p-bottle well after paying closer attention to it I would swear its just a light polish looks,smells and acts like it? So I get some M205 and a kitchen sponge bam it does a way better job! I just wiped it down with dish soap the oils Idk if its good for it or not? Now I gotta share my polish for the stove :awman:

pointillistic_practitioner
08-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Is it just glass or that glass/ceramic mix that is used on some stovetops? From what I understand using cleaners other than those designed for glass-ceramic cooktops can ultimately damage the cooktop. I'd stick with something like ceramibrite to be safe, but maybe other people have a better handle on the situation. A steam cleaner used carefully could never hurt (I've used my McCulloch on our glass-ceramic ge cooktop and it worked very well).

Hammondc
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Is it just glass or that glass/ceramic mix that is used on some stovetops? From what I understand using cleaners other than those designed for glass-ceramic cooktops can ultimately damage the cooktop. I'd stick with something like ceramibrite to be safe, but maybe other people have a better handle on the situation. A steam cleaner used carefully could never hurt (I've used my McCulloch on our glass-ceramic ge cooktop and it worked very well).

Did not damage mine.

DaHen
08-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Nor mine.