PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest 2013 - Anyone in New England going?

Pages : [1] 2

ProDetail
08-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about going to next years Detail Fest, just wondering if anyone in the North East was planning to attend. Could get a few people together and make it a road trip. Just throwing out an idea.

TS656577
08-14-2012, 02:32 PM
I've considered it. Not sure how the work schedule is gonna be.

SeaJay's
08-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if I will be attending this year or not. Depends on money. I went in 2011 and had a blast. Meeting everyone from AG and the other detailers from all over is great.

Porsche Pilot
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure if I will be attending this year or not. Depends on money. I went in 2011 and had a blast. Meeting everyone from AG and the other detailers from all over is great.

Start collecting cans from the roadside and save up. We gotta have SeaJay's back at DF!

Sent via telepathy.

SeaJay's
08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Start collecting cans from the roadside and save up. We gotta have SeaJay's back at DF!

Sent via telepathy.

LOL I'll see what I can do!

Porsche Pilot
08-14-2012, 03:56 PM
LOL I'll see what I can do!

I will tell you what my friend, if you can get down here, fly or drive, I will pick up the hotel. I am not asking I am doing it. Done.

Sent via telepathy.

ProDetail
08-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Wow that seems like an amazing offer bro, you can't turn that down. Kind of hard to say no to something like that especially 7 months in advance. You can still keep the shop open if you'd like just schedule minor washes or just interior work. Thats what I plan on doing. Also the trip expenses (if I'm not mistaken) can be used towards your business taxes as an expense. I've heard about it two years ago and I wanted to go last year but couldn't pull myself away. I'm definitely going this year

rustytruck
08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe. I asked my accountant about attending trade shows and he said be careful with that as a business deduction.

BobbyG
08-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm planning on it........:props:

ProDetail
08-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Your in MA too Rusty, you down for trip?
I'll talk to my accountant as well. I believe you can especially if it relates to the business which should be obvious.
I just sent my accountant an email asking just that. I would like to go to SEMA as well in the next few years. <- Bucket List right there Im the MAN

ProDetail
08-14-2012, 07:47 PM
So your definitely going Bobby?

jims_auto
08-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I'll be going again next year for sure, SeaJay is going he just doesn't know it yet

SeaJay's
08-15-2012, 05:27 AM
I will tell you what my friend, if you can get down here, fly or drive, I will pick up the hotel. I am not asking I am doing it. Done.

Sent via telepathy.

Wow that's a very generous offer Ed! I certainly couldn't turn it down!

I'll be going again next year for sure, SeaJay is going he just doesn't know it yet

LOL - I'm a little scared...Jim your not planning on stuffing me in your suitcase or something right?!

I will do everything in my power to get there next year. :props:

BobbyG
08-15-2012, 05:51 AM
So your definitely going Bobby?

As of today I'll say yes. :dblthumb2:

I was planning on being there for the 2012 Fest and work had me traveling...

ProDetail
08-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Maybe. I asked my accountant about attending trade shows and he said be careful with that as a business deduction.

Just got the reply from my accountant:
"Since this is business related, then you can deduct the following;
1 Transportation. airline tickets
2. Rental cars
3. Meals and overnight lodging. You may deduct only 50% of the cost of business meals.
4. costs for dry cleaning and laundry care, telephone calls, use of fax machines and tips.
5. entrance fee.
6. hotel exp."

So most expenses from traveling for business related events which those of us who own detailing businesses can do. As much as this is a get together it is still a trade show were we can talk to suppliers, look for new products, and view demonstrations, etc... I'm 95% sure I'm going, but I'll most likely fly there. Maybe those of us in New England who are going can either meet up there or here and get to know each other and our individual businesses.