PDA

View Full Version : PRO products

StephenK
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM
side work as been real slow for me so i have been looking for work lately. well i found a body shop looking for a detailer. went in for interview yesterday and tomorrow i will be going in for a trial run. i will work with the detailers there for 1 or 2 days to show my work. i asked what products they used and the owner said they go through PROWAX. just wondering if any of you have used this products and which ones? also what would they be equal to from the products sold here. thank you

FUNX650
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
A couple shops around me use (BAF)Pro products...
...The wagon-jobbers don't have too far to drive down to Florence, Kentucky and back.

I personally like their: "Tree Sap Remover";
and, somewhere or other, I've got a tin of their: "Yellow Carnuba Wax".

Good Luck!! on your new job...Hope it works out for you!

:)

Bob

Mike Phillips
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I ran into Pro products in Oregon, Washington and Idaho when I was an Outside Sales Rep and Trainer for Meguiar's.

Like all lines there's bound to be winners and dogs in the line. When it comes to paint correction, the most important variable that will make or break a brand name is the abrasive technology used in the correction products, i.e. compounds, polishes and waxes.

Being a body shop they should be using all or most all Body Shop Safe products unless they have a dedicated area for doing detailing work or unless they've created their own work-arounds for contamination issues, like a top quality downdraft paint booth or adding fish eye eliminator to their paint system, etc.

Good luck, hope you get the job and then have the opportunity to do full wetsand, cut and buff jobs and of course share them on our forum.

truckbutt
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Good luck with the trial run. It's a tough economy to find work.

JonFD
08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I believe Pro is used out here in Chicago ALOT in the body shops, I always just assumed it was cheap.... Also a brand called crystal image is used everywhere here too... Anyone heard of it? Mike?

tuscarora dave
08-19-2012, 11:45 PM
I've only ever used their 6" foam buffing pads and I like them a lot for the Flex 3401 VRG. As Bob stated, I have a tub of the #41 Yellow Carnauba Wax. It's an old non V.O.C. compliant wax so I don't use it at the shop. It is a pretty nice wax though. We have a PRO dealer in the are but the salesman is clueless to any of the technical aspects of his products and I wasn't feeling like an experimentalist at the time so I passed on any PRO products.

StephenK
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Come to find out the product is not ProWax it is Pro Finish. So far they work ok. And by the way i got the job

FUNX650
08-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Come to find out the product is not ProWax it is Pro Finish. So far they work ok. And by the way i got the job

Congratulations!! :dblthumb2:

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Bob