PDA

View Full Version : MTM foam lance adjustment

PoorOwner
08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Can you please tell me what the top knob does as you turn it?

How concentrated do you fill the bottle?

I got foam but it wasn't as thick as my old foamer, I only got a new gun because it has a much larger reservoir

swanicyouth
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
The knob changes the amount of soap in the mixture. I believe counter clock wise adds more soap, but either way it's fairly easy to tell if you getting more or less soap in the mixture. How much soap to use depends on which soap you are using. Some soaps work better than others in a foam lance. I like Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II and Honey Dew Foam. I use about 3.5 ounces of soap in the 32 ounce resevoir. Any more just seems like too much soap to me.

ForceField
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I have the MTM Foamer, and I can attest that you can get the foam as thick as you could possibly want. Swanicyouth is correct that counter clockwise increases the foam, in other words decreases the water mixed in.

If you turned it as far as it goes counter clockwise and are not getting enough foam, increase the amount of soap you put in the bottle. As long as the mixture in the bottle has a consistency close to that of water (in other words not syrup) the foamer should work fine.

Also try using filtered water for both filling the bottle and supplying the pressure washer. Hard water tends to lessen suds and foam. Hard water is water that contains high levels of calcium and magnesium. I never knew I had hard water until I had mine tested. Autogeek sells filters for your garden hose attachment to your PW.