PDA

View Full Version : steaming-vacuuming-extracting Q's

wangotango
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
The steamers I'm hearing of people using, Biss Green Machine types, heating or not, inject liquids then vac immediately. That would make them usable on fabrics/carpets only I'd say.
I'm looking at the Tornador and see that it delivers a fine agitating mist with or without chemicals or cleaners.
Do you follow up behind Tornador as you are using it to remove liquid with MF towel or wet-dry vac?
Curious about the process using liquids on harder surfaces.
Doing a spray bottle, brush, wipe-down now.
Way too labor intensive.
Regular portable steamer (millions out there it seems) then follow with wet-dry vac?

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
The steamers I'm hearing of people using, Biss Green Machine types, heating or not, inject liquids then vac immediately. That would make them usable on fabrics/carpets only I'd say.
I'm looking at the Tornador and see that it delivers a fine agitating mist with or without chemicals or cleaners.
Do you follow up behind Tornador as you are using it to remove liquid with MF towel or wet-dry vac?
Curious about the process using liquids on harder surfaces.
Doing a spray bottle, brush, wipe-down now.
Way too labor intensive.
Regular portable steamer (millions out there it seems) then follow with wet-dry vac?

A hot water extractor (not a steamer) is the machine that injects hot water into the carpets then vacuums it up immediately afterward; a steamer is simply a machine that releases a high pressure of steam into whatever it is that you're steaming and you typically follow it with a microfiber towel.

The Tornador DOES require a diluted chemical or cleaner in its bottle and the air produces the cyclonic motion that sprays the solution. The Tornador isn't meant for cleaning carpets entirely, but moreover helping spot treat a few stubborn stains before hitting them with the carpet extractor.

Even if you purchase a hot water extractor (like a Mytee, Aztec, etc.), you will still need to spray and brush. Interior detailing is very labor intensive, especially if it's heavily soiled.

Hope this helps!

wangotango
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
That does help Brandon. Thank you.
I re-played a tornador video and realized that the user was following the sprayer around with a MF cloth or using the air alone to dry the hard surfaces. Also using on a lot of dash switches, controls, and seems in parts that certainly held the liquid. Seems the liquid is so small amounts that it's not an issue.
The Tornador certainly looks like it goes thru an interior (minus any real carpet issues) with relative ease, cleans pretty well, and leaves little or no trace.

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-14-2012, 04:44 PM
That does help Brandon. Thank you.
I re-played a tornador video and realized that the user was following the sprayer around with a MF cloth or using the air alone to dry the hard surfaces. Also using on a lot of dash switches, controls, and seems in parts that certainly held the liquid. Seems the liquid is so small amounts that it's not an issue.
The Tornador certainly looks like it goes thru an interior (minus and real carpet issues) with relative ease, cleans pretty well, and leaves little or no trace.

No problem! If you're really going to sell a lot of interior detailing services, I highly recommend the Tornador; it is by far one of my most used tools and I was on the fence about buying it for months. Definitely my best investment!!!

wangotango
08-14-2012, 11:52 PM
appreciate it Brandon, thanks!