PDA

View Full Version : A few product recommendations for DA polisher

FlawlessMustang
08-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm probably getting a Porter 7424XP or Griots polisher within the next month, and i'm needing a few recommendations on products. I usually do everything by hand, so I have purchased Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealant glaze, and Pinnacle Souveran paste wax. I've yet to apply the sealant glaze because when I had started my detail, it rained for 3 weeks straight, then I got back to work and school and didn't get to finish.

I've heard the sealant glaze can be very hard to get off. I also have a hard time getting the AIO applied very thinly by hand. I'm thinking about going with some different products that other people have found is easier to use and possibly yield better results than the AIO/sealant glaze.

I really don't have a problem with swirls (thanks to the whole Autogeek community), but I do have some scratches on my black car. I also have a terrible problem with stupid water spots :mad:

So basically, I guess i'm looking for products that would compliment a polisher and replace what I have now if everyone thinks there are better products than Klasse. I'm looking for a good light scratch remover (I think), a good cleaner to use after claying, and I need a little product direction from here. I'm not sure whether to go straight to a sealant glaze or if I should use another type of product first.

My detail process is as follows: wash/dry, clay/dry, Klasse AIO, and it would be proceeded with either wax or sealant glaze then wax (after it cured of course).

From what little i've read last night, I was thinking about Pinnacle XMT 360 for a good cleaner and maybe Wolfgang 3.0 products?

Please direct me on what would be the best products to use with the polisher after washing. Also which pads?

Spanks!!!! :pc7424:

BuckeyeR/T
08-14-2012, 09:14 AM
CG Black Light

Buckskincolt
08-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Wolfgang twins for polish, the Chemical guys Blacklight V7 combo for an awesome look. Blackfire Polish and seal or Optimum GPS for a good AIO's. Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0 are also great choices for an LSP. My favorite sealant for black is Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection! Then if you want I reasonable priced Nubia wax try DP Max Wax.:props:

My Favorite pads are the Lake Country Hydro- Tech pads. Go with a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads. Also consider a 3" backing plate and some 3 or 4" pads to do those tight spots!

truckbutt
08-14-2012, 09:57 AM
My friends and yours, M105 and M205. There isn't much you can't do with this pair. Dusting, schmusting, they are still two of the best products out there.