PDA

View Full Version : oxidation dots on white

PoorOwner
08-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Well I washed the car and decided to clay it with chemical guys blue clay bar, it turns out this is clay bar is really mild and does NOT pick up the black and brown dots on the car (white). Car is new and look closely it is full of them.

Do you have any other suggestions what to use? I know detailing shops have stronger clay and products that is able to remove 90% of this stuff.

oldmodman
08-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Try a bar of ClayMagics aggressive red clay.

Other companies make the red, aggressive clay also, but I can't remember which ones.

mwoolfso
08-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Have you tried Megs or Mother's clay yet? I would suggest one of them before going to a more aggressive clay OldModMan suggested.

Mike Phillips
08-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Different types of contaminants come off differently, it has to do with their physical bond to the paint. For example epoxy paint overspray is very hard to remove because it's basically stuck on the paint like glue.

Try pushing down harder with the clay you have and a very fast hand movement, with more passes, like you were sanding wood.

If more passes with more pressure doesn't' work then get a more aggressive clay.

Try to troubleshoot where the contaminants came from and avoid parking your car their "if possible" or the problem will just come back.

:)

PoorOwner
08-14-2012, 01:09 PM
It was from delivery to the dealer and sitting there for a while.
Do I need something like Iron X?

VR8
08-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a case of artillery mold spores PoorOwner. They can be especially bad on white cars because the spores look for bright objects. From what I've read they are found in beds of wood mulch, maybe what's around your house or at work.

Along with trying a more aggressive clay, which you may have to lightly polish afterwards, try some alcohol or paint thinner. Hold your microfiber, wet with the paint thinner, over the mold spore for a few seconds to let it soak. Then hook the hard shell off with your fingernail, and wipe away the remaining spot. Rinse and wash to follow.

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a case of artillery mold spores PoorOwner. They can be especially bad on white cars because the spores look for bright objects. From what I've read they are found in beds of wood mulch, maybe what's around your house or at work.

Along with trying a more aggressive clay, which you may have to lightly polish afterwards, try some alcohol or paint thinner. Hold your microfiber, wet with the paint thinner, over the mold spore for a few seconds to let it soak. Then hook the hard shell off with your fingernail, and wipe away the remaining spot. Rinse and wash to follow.
I agree that it is Artillery Fungus. I have had good luck using Brown Royal wheel cleaner full strength. It is clear safe and is a strong alkaline. Dilute for a great wheel and tire cleaner. I do 2 parts water to one part BR.