PDA

View Full Version : Website is up and running...check it out!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

A.P.A.D.
08-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I have had the website up and running now for a month or so, but am working to get it to the top of the google search for my area. Dwayne McPeeks (yes the one and only Dwayne who has helped many here at AG while he worked here) has been helping me with SEO and it is paying off with his knowledge and advice.

the site was built by a buddy using wordpress. here is a link to the site:

Absolute Perfection Auto Detailing - Goldsboro, NC (http://www.AbsolutePerfectionAutoDetailing.com/)

there are still some tweaking i would like to so such as making the "prices" page more user friendly and also create a "customer reviews" page.

let me know what u think! pros/cons

AutowerxDetailing
08-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I really like it!!! Very clean layout. :props:

A.P.A.D.
08-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the kind feedback Nicholas.

Vegas Transplant
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Definitely a home run. You guys knocked this one out of the ball park. :props:

ihaveacamaro
08-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Looks awesome!

One grammatical note is "A full detail does not remove defects in the paint just as water ..." It should be such as not "just as."

Also don't know if this is possible, but something like a create your own plan would be new and innovative! For example, you can list out choices and a price and basically tell them to choose whatever they want to. Have a cool list like

Hand wash = 20
Clay bar = 35
Interior = 30
Wheels = 10
Wax = 25
Headlight restoration = 75
Etc, etc.

Make sure though that the things included in you package add up, for example your value package is 120 - 160. Whatever is included in that package, if you make that package from the list above should be between 120-160.

Basically allow them to pick and choose. You could call it a "Make-your-own-package" or something. Allowing for cheaper packages (aka just a handwash and interior) will help you increase your number of customers and keep you busy. Just a thought, good luck!

lokerola
08-14-2012, 05:40 AM
The front page rocks, very nice design. But when you click on a link for any of the services, you get a PDF that pops up very small. To read it you have to magnify it. I would suggest getting rid of the PDF pages altogether and just making more html pages pop up - this will greatly enhance the readability and consistency. Even though the design is a knockout, the inconsistency from html to undersized PDF makes the site appear more amateur and less professional. Good luck!

EDIT - I noticed that only the 'full detail' and 'paint correction' come up as undersized PDFs. The other links come up as fully sized PDFs. These are the 2 pages that really need to be readable and I would suggest that get re-sized just like the 'motorcycle detail' PDF gets re-sized (or replace all the PDF stuff with hrml). Also, you should put together a 'details coming soon' page for the boat detailing link, rather than just have no link for it. Or, just remove the boat link until you have a page together. It adds to the inconsistency.

A.P.A.D.
08-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Definitely a home run. You guys knocked this one out of the ball park. :props:

Thanks!

Looks awesome!

One grammatical note is "A full detail does not remove defects in the paint just as water ..." It should be such as not "just as."

Also don't know if this is possible, but something like a create your own plan would be new and innovative! For example, you can list out choices and a price and basically tell them to choose whatever they want to. Have a cool list like

Hand wash = 20
Clay bar = 35
Interior = 30
Wheels = 10
Wax = 25
Headlight restoration = 75
Etc, etc.

Make sure though that the things included in you package add up, for example your value package is 120 - 160. Whatever is included in that package, if you make that package from the list above should be between 120-160.

Basically allow them to pick and choose. You could call it a "Make-your-own-package" or something. Allowing for cheaper packages (aka just a handwash and interior) will help you increase your number of customers and keep you busy. Just a thought, good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the typo on the HTML will have to go back and edit the brochure.

Not really interested in an alacarte menu at this time. people seem happy with the Full detail package 95% of the time. the other 5% just let me know if they want to exclude the paint sealant etc and then i quote them a price at that time.

i do need to add add-ons though such as engine detail and such.

The front page rocks, very nice design. But when you click on a link for any of the services, you get a PDF that pops up very small. To read it you have to magnify it. I would suggest getting rid of the PDF pages altogether and just making more html pages pop up - this will greatly enhance the readability and consistency. Even though the design is a knockout, the inconsistency from html to undersized PDF makes the site appear more amateur and less professional. Good luck!

EDIT - I noticed that only the 'full detail' and 'paint correction' come up as undersized PDFs. The other links come up as fully sized PDFs. These are the 2 pages that really need to be readable and I would suggest that get re-sized just like the 'motorcycle detail' PDF gets re-sized (or replace all the PDF stuff with hrml). Also, you should put together a 'details coming soon' page for the boat detailing link, rather than just have no link for it. Or, just remove the boat link until you have a page together. It adds to the inconsistency.

thanks for the feedback. i agree with u. i need to come up with something different than the pdf file. good eye!

TroyScherer
08-14-2012, 11:48 AM
1. I absolutely hate that when I click the links on the right side it opens a new browser page. It should open in the same window.

2. The .PDF of each of those pages should be web pages in my opinion. This would allow the user to navigate around your site. Each page could have you definitions and pricing on them for that section.

Overall you site is nice. I like the layout and style as well as the color combo. You might even want to work in testimonial into your portfolio pictures or a description of what was done.

wgilles
08-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Very clean well done. I like the PDFs you created.

Ray@Autogeek
08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
+1 on the PDF's being actual pages. You can always just convert them to JPEG's and add them to a new page. Then link accordingly.

Attn2Detailz
08-14-2012, 03:11 PM
2. The .PDF of each of those pages should be web pages in my opinion. This would allow the user to navigate around your site. Each page could have you definitions and pricing on them for that section.

:iagree: Great colors too! Here are my suggestions.

Lose the pdf convert to jpg putting it between the header and footer to keep it consistent.
Lose the price page since you already have them on your package pages.
One more thing maybe move the buttons to the left side of the page unless you live in England or Japan. Maybe it's just me put I look for links from left to right :)
You might have something with putting them on the right but it kind of throws me off for a second. But in that time someone might have moved on from your page.

Great start:dblthumb2:

Mc'lovin
08-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey,

This website looks really great! Informative yet not overflowing with text, user friendly and is visually appealing. Nice work!!

One comment though - When you click on "Paint Correction" on the left, the pdf states the price starts from 250$. However when you click on the "Prices" tab at the top, you list it as starting from 300$. Which is the correct one?

dad07
08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Jon I really like the site......but( there is always a but)

the only thing is the pictures changing on the home page....way to fast for me.

got a little disstracted when trying to read your text and the pics changing untill I scrolled down a little more.Just me I guess.

All and all great website!

DaveT435
08-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Really liked the site...under paint correction the word "picky" didn't seem right to me. Picky sounds kind of like a put down...maybe just me...but I think just saying "for the auto enthusiast" instead of "for the picky auto enthusiast" comes across a little better...

rustytruck
08-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Why can't you use the back button on your website? When you click it brings up a new page. This must be what the PDF thing is everyone is saying. I have never seen a website where you can't go back to the page you were just on.

Just for the record. I don't know anything about website design.