PDA

View Full Version : wheel wax

PoorOwner
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Wheel Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/wheelwax.html)

I have this product but seem terrible because it's super difficult to buff off. I wonder if I'm scratching the wheel because of so much elbow grease needed. And I'm still picking off the residue I missed for the next few washes.

Has anyone successfully used it? Maybe I'll use it on my air compressor tank and washing machines..

Y2KSVT
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I bought some based on reviews from a couple years ago on here saying it worked well. I tried it once but have been meaning to try it out again. I didn't notice it being difficult to remove. Like most products, "thin is in." Apply it as thing as possible and buff off once it hazes.

A-train
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
It is very difficult to get off if you let it sit for any length of time. When I used it I applied thin and took it off less than a minute later. Also you need to do a wheel in sections , if you apply it to the entire wheel and then buff it all off it is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

D Hull
08-13-2012, 03:20 PM
True, apply thin one rim at a time. let stand about 3-4 mins and buff off. I've had good results with this product.

PoorOwner
08-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm using pinnacle wheel cleaner,
does it strip the wax each time I clean the wheels with it?

D Hull
08-13-2012, 03:45 PM
As I was told, yes. The cleaner cannot tell the difference. It treats every thing as dirt or contaminates and will remove them.