PDA

View Full Version : clay without washing?

PoorOwner
08-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I hope this is not as bad as it sounds. I am driving back from the clear bra installer about 30 miles on a dry day.

Can I go ahead and do clay, and sealant without washing the car?

Because the installer told me not to wash the car for days, but I want to apply the sealant on the rest of the paint right after the clear bra install.

How would you approach this?

jhallhall
08-13-2012, 01:42 PM
ONR or other rinseless wash while avoiding areas where clear bra has been installed, Then go ahead and clay.

My Detailing Guys
08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
I hope this is not as bad as it sounds. I am driving back from the clear bra installer about 30 miles on a dry day.

Can I go ahead and do clay, and sealant without washing the car?

Because the installer told me not to wash the car for days, but I want to apply the sealant on the rest of the paint right after the clear bra install.

How would you approach this?

I would wait. I've seen people clay without washing and the clay is trash in no time. Plus if sealant gets (somehow) between the clear bra and paint, you may loss contact along the edges.

david79z28
08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
If it doesn't get more than dusty the least I would do is a waterless wash or detail spray.

You can also try a rinseless wash. That way you can control the areas that get wet.

It probably wouldn't hurt anything to wait and do the entire car at one time.