PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Potential Customers - How Many Phone Call Attempts?

My Detailing Guys
08-13-2012, 12:56 PM
When I receive a Contact Request through my website, I try to make contact as soon as possible. I state on my contact form that I check in the morning and evening for any request, or they can call my cell. Sometimes when I call the customer's phone I get their voice mail. I leave a message that I've called with my phone number and thank them for contacting me.

My Question: How many attempts do you make trying to contact the potential customer before you stop calling?

Thanks,
Greg

4AudiQ
08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Since they took the initiative to contact you, I would keep calling them until you get a hold of them.
my 2 cents.

wgilles
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Yep! The good ol' sales technique is to keep calling until they tell you to "F off"

My Detailing Guys
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the replies :dblthumb2:

How many attempts per day? I want their business, but don't what to get a bad reputation of being pest and piss them off.

SeaJay's
08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I typically will call once a day for a few days. If they don't answer or don't return the call I will stop.

rider9195
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I will try calling in the morning, but usually they will be at work. So I try between 5 and 7 pm as that's when most people get back from work.

master detailer
08-13-2012, 02:36 PM
2 times and then stop any more the price is going down and you look like you need them to much.best thing for me is never never miss a call always get the phone. emails are bad for me 80% of the time its other detailers trying to get a price from me so they can ask the same and not bid to low.As I am one of the higher priced detailers in se fl and dont try to beat any ones price. I charge 300.00 per day per guy. When I look at a job I say how long is it going to take as in days wash clay and sealer and inside vac only is 150.00 4 hrs and so on.For master detailers we will not do a job and not make money.Now some times we will let one of my guys do a side job now and then just to help them out when we are slow.But its never under master detailers name or insurance. Its on there own and not one of master detailers cus.ps these are all shop prices if we go to them its 50.00 more per day.all car detailes are done at the shop only and done inside.

My Detailing Guys
08-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the replies, I need to start calling the customer a couple of times before stopping. I just figured if they did not return my call they'd found someone else.

Cosmin
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
if i miss a call and no voice mail left , i return the call. if no one answers i may try later , so twice in this case. if answering machine than i leave a voicemail , so once in this case.

i am looking for clients that i can count on , so if they are not serious about getting their car done , i don`t waist my time chasing ghosts.

HotRodJoe
08-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Gotta wait two days before you call. But three days is kinda money.

rustytruck
08-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Lots of times it takes a few calls and a few days. People are really busy these days and getting their car cleaned is just one more thing they are trying to get done.

People always thank me for getting back to them.

kmsdetailing
08-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Two times, tops.