PDA

View Full Version : Best product for making my black plastic trim, rubber seals and tires looks good?

ddyer43
08-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I would like to find one good product that makes the black plastic exterior trim, the rubber seals and the tires on my car look rich and nice.

I want it to last long, protect, not look greasy, just rich black. What is the best kind of product for this? Dressing, restorer, protectant?

I have Aerospace 303 but I think it will wash off quickly from rain and isn't something that would work really well on exterior trim.

thanks!

BrightonRT
08-12-2012, 11:43 PM
303 works well on trim and seals, I've never tried it in tires.

I currently use Meguiar's Ultimate Black on trim and Blackfire Total Eclipse Gel on tires and love the look. If you're looking for something that does both, I have heard CarPro's PERL recommended a lot here but I have no personal experience with it.

h83d
08-13-2012, 01:56 AM
A lot of expert here recommend UTTG but not yet tested by myself. Lol
Optibond for me is best so far

CWallace
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
UTTG (ultima tire and trim guard) is fantastic for trim and seals... it also works well on tires if you like a nice black look not overly wet!! I tend to save it for my tires and not customers... customers tend to like the wet look, which u can get with UTTG with multiple applications... but it's expensive so i like to use it sparingly!!!!

truckbutt
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
UTTG (ultima tire and trim guard) is fantastic for trim and seals... it also works well on tires if you like a nice black look not overly wet!! I tend to save it for my tires and not customers... customers tend to like the wet look, which u can get with UTTG with multiple applications... but it's expensive so i like to use it sparingly!!!!
:iagree:I've tried a number of different products and I like UTTG+ the best. It doesn't run when you put it on and it won't run in the rain. It doesn't have a fake glossy look. It's more expensive but it lasts. Another option which is also very good is Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray. It just doesn't last as long as UTTG+.
Mother's Back to Black runs off in the rain.
Poorboys is like mineral oil.
Duragloss is very thin. It runs/drips when you apply it. It works well on seals. It's just a pain to apply.