PDA

View Full Version : AG member Texarkana needs our help...

Hoytman
08-12-2012, 09:58 PM
...he didn't follow sound advice and his car got all hacked up. Been there done that, for sure.

He's begun to educate himself here on AG and is starting to see the light.

Texarkana is looking for someone from this forum to fix his car. Perhaps someone here knows someone else who's a frequent forum member (here or elsewhere) who can assist him.

I've informed him to educate himself about proper technique so that he can at least make an informed decision about a prospective detailer. No place better to start doing research than right here on Autogeek. I've also given him links to Garry Dean's Premium Custom Detailing so he can watch a passionate detailer at his craft.

Surely, with enough people looking, and some patience on Texarkana's part, we can help him find a reputable detailer to get his car fixed.

Tex...tell us where you're from and how far you're willing to drive. Who know's, we might find you someone to come to you.

Feed back please from our great members. Thank you in advance. THANKS!!!!Im the MAN:buffing:

lee358
08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
wow this right here^ makes me proud to be on this forum. The things members do for each other and the way everyone wants to help every one is amazing!

Hoytman
08-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Garry Dean's not around much anymore so I'll step to the plate and provide a little thread :bump2: so that we can help Texarkana find a reputable detailer in his locale.:buffing:

Mike lambert
08-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I do not knows where you are,but if you are near Baltimore, I will take care of it,if you can get it to me and leave it, on the house.
Theshineshopautodetailing.com

BobbyG
08-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Nice gesture Bill!! :props:

Hoytman
08-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I do not knows where you are,but if you are near Baltimore, I will take care of it,if you can get it to me and leave it, on the house.
Theshineshopautodetailing.com

That is an awesome display of kindness Mike. Makes me proud to be a forum member here at Autogeek. People like yourself are what makes Autogeek so special.

Nice gesture Bill!! :props:

Thanks BobbyG! Just trying to help out the best way I can.:xyxthumbs:

Texarkana,
We'll do our best to find someone to fix your car for you. You may or may not have to pay for the services, but we'll help you if we can. Don't forget to tell us an approximate location where you'll need the services.

Mike Phillips
08-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Here's what you do,

Before letting anyone touch the paint on your car, ask them the below 4 questions,

What type of tool they are going to use?
What type and brand compound/polish they are going to use?
What types of pads they are going to use?
What they are going to use for a wax or paint sealant?

Then simply post back here the answers and I'm confident our forum member will let you know if the person you're considering knows what they are doing and is up to speed with the best current technology available.

It's not that hard to do quality work. Especially now days with all the high quality pads, products and tools available.

Be very wary of anyone finishing out using ONLY a rotary buffer.

Again, ask the above 4 questions, get definitive answers to questions #1, #2 and #3 and post them back here and I'm confident our forum members will be able to tell you if the person you're considering is capable of doing quality work.

:)

Texarkana
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for everyones help. I just got my car fixed by a local detailer who runs a small operation. He informed me the place I took it to is worried more about quantity instead of quality. He let me watch him, He used a soft foam pad and regular buffer. He informed to let it go, the guy who hacked up my car has backing from some pretty wealthy folks who live in Florida. I did go back and ask for my money back. He got in my face and told me the car was fine, that I was ridiculous and to take him to court. He didn't even try and own up to his mistake. The guy who fixed it runs a small business called Reflection's auto detailing, he is what you would call a perfectionist. He told me it would take 20 mins to polish the clear coat out, but it actually took 2 hours. All he did was the hood and trunk and removed the swirls and buffer trails. He did show me places where the wool pad used to buff the car the first time ended up creating a lot of heat and left small, rough spots on the clear coat, but he told me to leave it alone because the repairs wouldn't look as good as the factory finish. He also showed me some pictures that were stolen from him that the hack used on his webpage, but he's a nice down to earth guy. He just laughed it off. I really hope the guy who hacked up my car pulls this crap on the wrong person and gets shut down.

Nevermind, the owner must approve reviews on his website. I'll file a complaint with the BBB.

Texarkana
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
It won't let me edit the last post, but I also noticed today that rubber seals on the doors and headlights that were damaged by his buffing.

Texarkana
08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Had a neighbor who works a foreign car dealership check the car over, the door seal isn't in need of replacement, but the headlights need to be replaced because the seals aren't sold separately. 280 for the drivers side, 270 for the passengers. I don't expect to get the $$ but the BBB will archive my complaint and it will be available for others to see.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6092/imag0059bp.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6180/imag0060xi.jpg

Texarkana
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry, He also applied Zymol wax to the places he ran the buffer over. I know you guys probably think I rushed this once again, But all of the reputable dealerships said this guy would fix it, They send all of their mistakes to this guy to have them fixed. And fix it he did, The reflection looks like something you'd see on a high def television, and the he uses the professional line of meguiars products. I'm not going to have my vehicle detailed again unless its a paint emergency.

Hoytman
08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Here's what you do,

Before letting anyone touch the paint on your car, ask them the below 4 questions,

What type of tool they are going to use?
What type and brand compound/polish they are going to use?
What types of pads they are going to use?
What they are going to use for a wax or paint sealant?

Then simply post back here the answers and I'm confident our forum member will let you know if the person you're considering knows what they are doing and is up to speed with the best current technology available.

It's not that hard to do quality work. Especially now days with all the high quality pads, products and tools available.

Be very wary of anyone finishing out using ONLY a rotary buffer.

Again, ask the above 4 questions, get definitive answers to questions #1, #2 and #3 and post them back here and I'm confident our forum members will be able to tell you if the person you're considering is capable of doing quality work.

:)

Great advice Mr. Phillips.

Luckily, he's happy with the work finally.

Patience is a virtue.

DaveT435
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I would file a complaint with the BBB...it doesn't sound like it will get you your money back...but at least anyone considering using them will see it...Angie's List is another one that people that look to when checking out a business.