PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend

chevyblue01
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey can anyone recommend a good utility ladder to use for detailing RV's?

Montyx5
08-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I am in the middle of reviving the oxidized gelcoat on my 35' 5th wheel. I started with a ladder in the morning and realized that this was going to be long excruciating process. By the end of the day I had found a used section of scaffolding complete with side extensions for the plank, for cheap. It is a lot more comfortable working on it and the work moves along a lot faster. I figured I could also use it for some other house related work and then resell it for what I paid for it. Dependent on your situation, it may be an option worth considering.

Monty

KKYS
08-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Now we are not experts in RV detailing ....
But when we do RV's , we use 2 -4' metal A frames with an
expandable aluminum plank...the plank we use expands to 16'.
This way we can set up one time to cover 20' in length up to about
12' in height. Plus your feet won't get fatigued standing on a ladder.

Vegas Transplant
08-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Cotterman (Rolling) Ladder — 70in. Max. Height | Rolling Ladders Platforms| Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200331680_200331680?cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Nextag-_-Material) Handling>Rolling Ladders + Platforms-_-143926

Google rolling ladders.
Various sizes/price range.
Found a few offered on CL.

Bates Detailing
08-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I actually use my truck lol - we pull the truck along side RVs/Tour buses and walk on the bed cover, top of truck and hood. Works great lol :dblthumb2:

AutowerxDetailing
08-25-2012, 01:23 AM
I actually use my truck lol - we pull the truck along side RVs/Tour buses and walk on the bed cover, top of truck and hood. Works great lol :dblthumb2:

That's an awesome idea! I have thought about doing that but I don't have a bed cover on my truck. It would be a little precarious standing on the edge of the bed while polishing...

I just use a 12 foot a-frame ladder. It sucks if you are in gravel though because it always feels like it might tip over...

PS thanks for the insight into detailing RVs B&B! I have successfully knocked out 2 RV jobs so far and the owners were both very satisfied! :dblthumb2:

Bates Detailing
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
That's an awesome idea! I have thought about doing that but I don't have a bed cover on my truck. It would be a little precarious standing on the edge of the bed while polishing...

I just use a 12 foot a-frame ladder. It sucks if you are in gravel though because it always feels like it might tip over...

PS thanks for the insight into detailing RVs B&B! I have successfully knocked out 2 RV jobs so far and the owners were both very satisfied! :dblthumb2:

Cool man - works great! Nothing feels sturdier than a truck on 4 wheels lol :props:

master detailer
10-04-2012, 12:39 PM
baker on wheels