PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wolfgang DGPS & wild rain cloud

idkalf
08-12-2012, 07:42 PM
So it was the time of the month to prep the car for the upcoming week of rain, so I prepped the car with PPE, glazed it then applied DGPS, then the most unthinkable thing happened, out of nowhere on a cool day, a small black cloud floated over my street around 30mins - 1hr after I buffed the DGPS off the car and rained/drizzled for 5 mins, then disappeared. So moments after it stopped raining I dried the car and re-applied another thin layer of DGPS, but this was already around 5pm.

So my question is, because of the rain, the initial layer is totaled right? so currently I only have 1 layer but won't get the full 12 hour cure time, because of the dew that will cover the car by midnight and such, should I top it off again with another layer when the next weekend rolls by? Or should I be alright?

ScottB
08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I doubt it was totaled but could have effected the durability, the second application seems like a good choice and you should be fine.

idkalf
08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I doubt it was totaled but could have effected the durability, the second application seems like a good choice and you should be fine.

Thanks for the input, glad I decided to join the forum, quick inputs and comments.