PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba wax vs Quick Detailer for topping Klasse Sealant

ddyer43
08-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I am thinking about putting Klasse sealant on my car and want to top it with something to make the shine better.

What do you think is better carnauba wax or quick detailer spritz? I already have the protection from the sealant so I'm thinking detailer spritz may be a good choice as it is easier to put on.

How long does the spritz last compared to carnauba wax?

Other than repelling water does carnauba wax generally offer any other protection? UVs?

One last thing about Klasse sealant, does it only work on acrylic clear coats as it is acrylic based? I have a ceramic clear coat on my 08 Benz so I hope it still works.

thanks!

ScottB
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I use to use the Klasse Twins on wifes car and loved the bulletproof protection. The look was a little sterile, but found many spray products worked well and added gloss and better looks. One of my favs was from Sonus Acrylic Spritz.

mwoolfso
08-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Some waxes will last longer than a detailer spritz. Optimum Car Wax seems to be a product that fits your needs and requirement for ease of use since it is a spray. And you get great durability and UV protection as well. Check it out.

RMM
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Some waxes will last longer than a detailer spritz. Optimum Car Wax seems to be a product that fits your needs and requirement for ease of use since it is a spray. And you get great durability and UV protection as well. Check it out.

:iagree:

Other than repelling water does carnauba wax generally offer any other protection? UVs?

Carnauba waxes always offer some degree of UV protection but, like mwoolfso said, OCW is your best bet since it has patented UV protection (UVA/UVB) that, with repeted use, will even migrate to the clear coat and add to the inhibitors originally present there.