PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to use a Rotary

Pages : [1] 2 3

bmwgalore
08-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Check out this video:
this video.

Ever wonder where your Rotary holograms come from? From this guy!

EddieF
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Holly Crap!!! I bet he burnt the paint right off that door handle!

sparty
08-11-2012, 02:09 PM
What gets me is - he thinks he is doing it correctly.

-Sparty

timaishu
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
This is would be funnier if I was familiar with the proper rotary technique.

paskett
08-11-2012, 02:43 PM
WOW! That is all!! LOL

MikeAOK
08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow I see that everyday at work. Funny I get the looks as if I'm doing it wrong!!! Go figure. I always make sure to use proper technique, and move slowly working small sections. But the "professionals" as I call them,must have learned from that video.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

BobbyG
08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Well, first off I think he's running about 3,000 rpm, probably the very reason he's moving the machine at about 6" / second. :wow:
Anyone notice the product leaving the pad in a fine mist?

Notice no taping anywhere.

Buffing is an accepted practice to remove surface defects yet he's uses his thumbnail to remove something stuck to the paint, maybe he missed the wash and clay segment training. :dunno:

I'm amazed that people film themselves and then post it for others to see....:doh:

MikeAOK
08-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, first off I think he's running about 3,000 rpm, probably the very reason he's moving the machine at about 6" / second. :wow:
Anyone notice the product leaving the pad in a fine mist?

Notice no taping anywhere.

Buffing is an accepted practice to remove surface defects yet he's uses his thumbnail to remove something stuck to the paint, maybe he missed the wash and clay segment training. :dunno:

I'm amazed that people film themselves and then post it for others to see....:doh:

I like he just squirts the product onto the car. Perfect video of what not to do.

Twister
08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow! Look at all that slinging. You can lay a bead of product down and pick it up while you're working but it's not done like that.

It's fun to watch some of those videos and see some of te crazy stuff they do.

CK_Autospa
08-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I like he just squirts the product onto the car. Perfect video of what not to do.

nothings wrong with applying the product directly to the vehicle Mike as long as you don't scratch the paint with the nozzle.

MikeAOK
08-11-2012, 04:48 PM
nothings wrong with applying the product directly to the vehicle Mike as long as you don't scratch the paint with the nozzle.

I agree with you as far as the product goes😉. What I meant of what not to do, is the use of the rotary.

LDM
08-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I've never used a rotary before, so I won't comment on his technique since I'm not an expert myself. However, at the about 0:43 mark is that the sound of the backing plate scraping on the bottom of the mirror, or am I just hearing something else?

StephenK
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM
speed to high from the sound of it.
never seen him check the process before moving to a new area.
no tape.
hand speed to fast.
just to name a few mistakes

oldmodman
08-11-2012, 05:00 PM
And there is more

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdI1nMSMt3Y&feature=channel&list=UL]Makita BO6040 on the hood of a 1931 Chrysler - YouTube[/video]

bmwgalore
08-11-2012, 05:08 PM
And there is more

Makita BO6040 on the hood of a 1931 Chrysler - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdI1nMSMt3Y&feature=channel&list=UL)

Hehehe, he is moving a forced DA faster than the rotary!
Awesome! hahaha

Sad to see such a pretty car getting hacked like this..