PDA

View Full Version : Good Wax and Sealnt

Pages : [1] 2

kastanaras
04-10-2007, 05:40 AM
I am looking at doing few family members cars and also some friends cars and I am looking at getting a good wax and sealant to use. I want to either use both on a car or give the person the option of better looking finish with wax or better protection with sealant.

Here in Australia I can get my hands on most brands but would mainly like to stick with the more known brands.

BILL
04-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I am looking at doing few family members cars and also some friends cars and I am looking at getting a good wax and sealant to use. I want to either use both on a car or give the person the option of better looking finish with wax or better protection with sealant.

Here in Australia I can get my hands on most brands but would mainly like to stick with the more known brands.

There are many.....I'd go with WOLFGANG SEALER AND SOVERAN PASTE OR LIQUID....

kastanaras
04-10-2007, 07:55 AM
So is using Wolfgang Sealant and Souveran Liquid Wax a good combination to use together or should I just stick to which ever protection or look I am looking for.

paivag
04-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Duragloss #105 and Collinite #845

nick19
04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
So is using Wolfgang Sealant and Souveran Liquid Wax a good combination to use together or should I just stick to which ever protection or look I am looking for.

Excellent combo. Just be sure to let Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant "cure" or "dry" for 12 hours minimum, or up to 24 hours before applying wax or another layer of sealant if you choose.

4* UPP sealant is amoung the top as well.

PB's NB wax, DP Premium Surface Shield, Pinnacle liquid Souvera, spray Souveran and paste Souveran are good products as well.

There's many out there.. and I'd approve anything on this site to be amongst the top.

Larry A
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Ill second the Duragloss 105 and Collinite 845 , and add Megs 21.

kastanaras
04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Seeing as I should leave the sealant to cure for 12-24hours I might just use wax on my personal cars and sealant on friends cars seeing as it will take extra work.

Is there a big different in lets say 1 coat of Wolfgang Sealant on it's own and 1 coat of Pinnacle Liquid Wax on it's own in apearance.

Would I gain that much extra shine, gloss, wet look in using wax after sealant or does sealant offer a good enough look.

budman3
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
The Wolfgang sealant looks great as is... so 2 coats of that to ensure even coverage would be fine.... I don't think you'd gain much topping it with anything....

nick19
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Seeing as I should leave the sealant to cure for 12-24hours I might just use wax on my personal cars and sealant on friends cars seeing as it will take extra work.

Is there a big different in lets say 1 coat of Wolfgang Sealant on it's own and 1 coat of Pinnacle Liquid Wax on it's own in apearance.

Would I gain that much extra shine, gloss, wet look in using wax after sealant or does sealant offer a good enough look.

Two different looks.. try each and see which you like.

Generally, sealants are used on light cars, as it produces nice gloss and reflectiveness.

Waxes, produce depth, gloss, and warmth.

It's all up to you. I'd recommend you try each, and find the look you like. Sealants also last longer than wax..

Nuke33
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Id go with colonite if you want something that will last a long time

CalgaryDetail
04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
you are going to get a diffrent combo from everyone on here. Sealents and waxes are very personal, what I like my be diffrent then what you like.

I would suggest ordering any wax/sealent combo from AG. Im sure it will look great.

Just remeber to allow the sealent to cure for 24 hours before applying the wax.

supercharged
04-10-2007, 01:03 PM
There are many.....I'd go with WOLFGANG SEALER AND SOVERAN PASTE OR LIQUID....
:iagree: :iagree:

BILL
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Two different looks.. try each and see which you like.

Generally, sealants are used on light cars, as it produces nice gloss and reflectiveness.

Waxes, produce depth, gloss, and warmth.

It's all up to you. I'd recommend you try each, and find the look you like. Sealants also last longer than wax..

Wolfgang also offers extreme slickness .........as does UPP....:)

D
04-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Im not big on sealants. But as far as wax goes. Poorboys Natty's Blue, Souveran Paste and Liquid, Pinnacle Sig Series II, and DP MaxWax are all great.

ScottB
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
waxes --- Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Sig Series II, DP Max Wax

sealants --- Four Star UPP, Wolfgang, Klasse SG, DP Shield Shine