PDA

View Full Version : just used mothers gold claybar system

Kelso
03-05-2006, 08:46 PM
welli bought my 1995 alpine white 318ti last sunday and then today i decided i should clay it but ive never clayed my own car(only done it at work). its a good system but this car has probably never been clayed...it was so tedious i only got the hood roof and the hatch. my paint was very rough and now its silky smooth which makes me happy but i was surprised at the tiny products i got. the cleaner wax looks like a hotel shampoo bottle. the claybar is about half the size of the palm of my hand, and i dont have big hands. the quick detailer was a good portion and smelled like cinammon which is cool i guess?
i dunno if this bar will last 3 cars. my paint was just so contaminated, i used up about half of it and theres still spots i need to go over again on what i got done, plus the entire bottom of the car(doors, bumpers, fenders)

anyways just though id say its a good product and im very happy with the result but the portions are a bit modest. i just thought id be getting the big bar like the clay magic i use at work...cant win em all

MasterShineBoy
03-06-2006, 01:19 AM
I have bought several mothers clay kits... I would only buy one in a pinch because I perfer claymagic. Even still a good product.

Miami_Sunset
03-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Clay magic for me 2 Plus its much cheaper.

Jason
03-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Kelso,

The Mothers Clay system is a great starters kit. If you are looking for additional clay bars or larger sizes
Click Here (http://www.autogeek.net/clbaandlu.html)

MasterShineBoy
03-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Clay magic for me 2 Plus its much cheaper.

I pay $24 for 4oz of fine grade.. Not cheap, what clay magic are you using?

Detail_Guy
03-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Kelso,

The Mothers Clay system is a great starters kit. If you are looking for additional clay bars or larger sizes
Click Here (http://www.autogeek.net/clbaandlu.html)

A good selection there!

Because I have "lots" of QD for lubricant, I like to buy the individual clay bars, rather than a kit. With that said, I don't find a "big" difference in clay bars. However, I do like the Opti Clay that I tried recently.

GearHead_1
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
I walked into Wally World a while back and they had Mothers Clay Bar kits on clearance. I picked up 10 of these for $2 a piece. I don't really like the Cleaner Wax and the Detail Spray is just OK but my friends think I'm great when I hand them a small bottle of wax and a bottle of detailing spray. The clay bars I keep.;)

Interestingly enough, I've seen these kits back at Wal-Mart at full price.

snomon1017
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
What are the actual differences in clay compounds betwwen say Mothers, Pinnacle, DP, etc. Mothers and Pinnacle are both yellow but others are gray. Any recommendations?

Flyin'Hawaiian
03-25-2006, 11:29 AM
What are the actual differences in clay compounds betwwen say Mothers, Pinnacle, DP, etc. Mothers and Pinnacle are both yellow but others are gray. Any recommendations?

Yeah...What he said.