PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Soft Scrub?

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
04-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Has anyone heard about this, or have every done this? I'm talking about Soft Scrub, you know, the stuff you would buy in the house cleaning aisle at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. etc.

Basically, my friend mentioned this process to me about 2 years ago, before I got heavily into detailing. I've used it a few times, but only to remove paint transfer on bumpers, etc. It works very very well, and basically will scrub off any thing that is stuck on the bumpers or paint. I've use it for stuck on tar, paint transfer, baked bugs, etc. etc. Now, not for the entire bumper, but just a small spot. Ive never noticed any induced marring or anything. I always re-wax the area.

I try to stick to chemicals designed for a specific purpose when it comes to detailing, but sometimes, something calls for a unique approach.

Jimmie
04-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Never even heard about it Greg. What is it like a scouring lotion? Got some "Magic Eraser" for those problems but haven't tried it.

supercharged
04-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Never heard of Soft Scrub.

Whitethunder46
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554452.jpg

Lone_Star
04-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I have used it in the house, but never on a car

Nuke33
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Never heard of that before but it seems cool

orngez
04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
anything that soft scrub can remove on a car a light polish on a mf towel/applicator can usually handle...soft scrub has some abrassives in it...so I just stick to ones designed for automotive paint....

Whitethunder46
04-10-2007, 01:49 PM
anything that soft scrub can remove on a car a light polish on a mf towel/applicator can usually handle...soft scrub has some abrassives in it...so I just stick to ones designed for automotive paint....

This is semi-true. For the polish/compound to work, you have to use a cutting pad. But what if a PC can't reach the spot? Or if there is damage to the area and you just want to remove some paint transfer. Using soft scrub on an old MF towel, can really work wonders on a small spot.

Here is what I did when I had my fender bender almost 7 months ago. I had to drive around with a damaged bumper for a few weeks, but at least I could remove any paint that was from the other vehicle (black on a white car). This took no more than 20 seconds literally to remove all this. I tried Scratch X first by hand and it did nothing. This was also before all my current supplies and PC, but I wouldn't use the PC on this area anyways.

Ok, so I don't have the original pics of the accident, damn!

BUT, my mom backed up into my car literally 3 days after I fixed the front bumper from the original accident. Yea, I know, I was livid.
Anyways, here are the before and afters of what soft scrub can do. Scratch X didn't budge this. This took less than a minute including a re-waxing.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL553743.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/Front-2.jpg

D
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Why wouldnt you use the PC on that area?

scottgt
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
is that with the soft scrub?

Whitethunder46
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Why wouldnt you use the PC on that area?

Didnt have it at the time.

Yes that was w/ soft scrub.

RTexasF
04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I've used it on my windshield after a particularly buggy drive. You know when it's so bad the wipers just smear the bugs around? Nice tip on the bumper scrape I wouldn't have thought of that.

ltoman
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Soft scrub - of course. That is for use in bathroom cleaning. Obviously some of you guys aren't into cleaning your bathrooms, just your cars. It is in a green bottle, in liquid formula.
Hey, if you want to get paint transfer off, use Klasse AIO. In a parking lot I was in my trunk and my vette side door was open. the wind blew it straight into the driver door next to me and it did not look good. the car was white and here is some black with red paint right where it crashed. Luckily, I bring AIO with me and a mf towel. CLeaned it right off, and luckily no dent either (WHEW!) Yep, aio for paint transfer. I love it now!

Torsion Tool
04-10-2007, 05:43 PM
It's under the sink. Don't think I'll need it on chrome, but I'll keep it in mind for others. Notice he used the regular Soft Scrub with the yellow cap. Any experience with the bleach version in the green cap?

PhaRO
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll have to try it some time. I've had some paint transfer that was just horrible to remove, times like that I'd be willing to try soft scrub.