PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys buy your major appliances (i.e. a dishwasher)?

newb001
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I hate Best Buy and Sears, Lowe's isn't that close to me, Home Depot is just up the road, and I think there might be some local places in town (I just moved to Fairfield County, CT) that sell/install appliances.

Just wondering what you all do?

Thanks.

Shakabruddah808
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd imagine one of those "Scratch N Dent" places would be a good place to start. My wife and I have thus far bought all of our major home appliances from them. The stove/oven we got a HUGE discount on because of one tiny dent in the side. The fridge-freezer we got from Lowe's because they were the only ones who sold the unit we liked. Plus it was on clearance and was dirt cheap. LOL
We made a slight departure when we had to get a new dishwasher and front load washer and dryer. Those we bought brand new from the retail sales division of the local "Scratch N Dent", but at a significant savings over Sears, Lowes or the Home Depot. Now, as far as Best Buy goes, CD's, MP3 players, LED TV's and computers, yes. Major home appliances? I dunno. Others may have gotten good deals and service from them, so I can't really judge.

Hope this helps.

Ross

snowking724
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Me and the fiance made out like bandits at Lowes when we bought our house last year. Samsung floor model french door fridge with the drawer freezer, the thing is huge. Actual retail price was around $2200, with 2 or 3 small dings we paid $1099 w/ full warranty. Brand new model, top loading w/ no huge agitator Whirlpool HE washer w/ matching dryer. Actual retail price was about a grand apiece, we paid $699 each when they had some crazy sale. Any store will have the scratch and dents and they're oh so worth it, if you can look past a small blemish or two.

Bill1234
08-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey, Im also in fairfield county, We usually go to pc richards in between norwalk and stamford. They have great service and employees are friendly

Bill1234
08-10-2012, 05:08 PM
BTW, If you want a really good restaurant to go to, There is an anthonys coal fired pizza in Darien,

Brace1
08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
What about Brandsmart, do you have them in your area?

MadMerc
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Try Home Depot. 20% off clearance appliances going on right now. Some pretty good deals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online

Bill1234
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Just a tip, There is an autozone around the corner from the mchmon ford dealer which is all the way across town from you, but there is an autozone in stamford

Hammondc
08-10-2012, 09:06 PM
HD clearance, Sears clearance. HH Gregg is actually damn good. They take nearly any reasonable offer. I have bought the last 9/10 appliances there.

ScottB
08-10-2012, 09:27 PM
our local Lowes has been quite good at making sure their prices are lower than all competitors and they will price match anyone. I often like Brandsmart also as they often dicker with you and can always get a better deal than the sale price tag.

bsirbu
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
I like hhgregg. They usually have good prices on like new open box items. My brother got his Samsung 50" LCD tv for a steal of a deal, like $550 IIRC.