PDA

View Full Version : Somethings not right w/ my car and quick detailer

Redfireshaker06
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
My car is a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. Redfire in color. My cars final step on my last major detail in July was with Fuzion. Now, when I try to use a quick detailer. All I'm getting is smearing. So I first noticed this in Myrtle Beach in July while using mothers showtime. So I thought that was the problem. So last weeks sale I picked up the poor boys QD+ and I think its worse. This was not done in the sun, but in the garage. And the hood looks dull now after using it. Any idea what is going on? I'm getting frustrated.

loudog2
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Happens to me off and on. Trying to figure it out myself. The dull look might be the haze and the QD is drying. Mine would look like it is not drying, just smearing. Then it would dry in stages. I would wipe it down every day to get the haze off. It happened with FK425, xmt and CG synthetic. I finally went to ONR diluted to QD and it works fine. It happens with some waxes too. Very frustrating.

Redfireshaker06
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I had great experience with the normal Poor Boys QD. I should have just purchased that again. Now I have a little less than a gallon of this QD+ left. $40 I wish I saved :(

rider9195
08-10-2012, 01:58 PM
It sounds like you are using too much product. What kind of towel are you using as well?

Redfireshaker06
08-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Microfibers from SAMS. But I've used this kind for years.

OhTwoGT
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
One thing, take everything with a grain of salt down at mustang week. its SUPER muggy down there and every year I end up having to bring a rinseless wash and gloss down instead of a quick detailer because QD just seems to "smear" as you said. As far as it doing it back at home in a garage, it sounds like you're using too much and also try using two microfibers one to spread it on and one to buff it off. Ive been using blackfire's rinseless diluted to QD and it works great, also DG's fast shine is great and cheap as well

Beavis
08-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I use the QD+ from poor boys all the time and dont have a problem. I use right out in the sun. i also use two towels one to put on and one to buff off with..I did this car with it today

Beavis
08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I spray it right on one towel and then buff it off with the other. I do one panel at a time and it seems to work good. I always double check the panel and wipe it down two times.

swanicyouth
08-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Is it "smearing" or does it look "foggy". Ive noticed the "foggy" look with many quick detailer and spray wax products, especially ones with carnuba. It seems to be from the extreme heat or humidity. A couple of products I found that don't do this are: Ultimate Waterless Wash concentrate, Prima Slick, and Poor Boys Sprayand Wipe. PB QD+ "fogs" for me in this hot weather, so does Opti Clean.

Redfireshaker06
08-21-2012, 03:49 AM
It was both, the foggy I noticed after it was out of the garage and the smearing I could see inside. Being as I live in Florida, I have humidity issues. I'm going to end up getting the normal spray and wipe. I've used it before and was happy with it