PDA

View Full Version : Polishing stop points?

jminrod
08-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I have a older 2001 blazer that I use in the winter only or as a backup. I want to try using 105/205 but I keep putting it off until I have an extra 20 hours. Which may never happen. Below are the steps that I am going to use.
1.) My question is what parts are ok to stop at?

2.)Can I stop after 105 and do the 205 days later or even a week later?

3.) If so what steps will have to be redone? I am assuming rewash but no clay

Can I wash the car tonight
Clay tonight or tomorrow
Polish with 105 tomorrow
Polish 205 whenever
Collinite 845
and or DP Max Wax

wgilles
08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
You can do different steps at different times. The concern is making sure the surface is clean every time you do a new step. Based on what you have there, I would wash and clay in one day. Washing doesn't take too long, especially if you are going to do a full correction.

jminrod
08-10-2012, 09:02 AM
The vehicle will be garaged in between the steps unless it takes me more than a couple days to get back to it.

S2K
08-10-2012, 09:02 AM
You can also section off the truck and do a complete job in sections that way your work is protected instead of taking a chance on losing what you already did. I don't know if you plan on driving it in between steps but if you do then you might end up repeating steps. For instance, if you wait a week or weeks after the 105 you could pick up surface contaminants or even swirls so before the 205 you would have to back up.
But if you did it in sections complete it would stay protected, like do all the steps to the front clip including your LSP then another day do the roof then another day the doors and so on.
Just my thoughts.....