PDA

View Full Version : Adding 3rd coat of UPG +

Spiney
08-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I had prepped my car and then used UPG+ 2 coats as LSP. I was going to top with Collonite 845 but multiple coats of UPG+ were recommended. Today I washed the car from the bottom up to prepare for 2 weekend shows. I dried with leaf blower but there Are still some tiny water spots. If I want to add a 3rd coat of UPG + should I wipe down with Ultima Detailer Plus, then add next coat or wipe down with IPA 1st, then add next coat? Please answer before morning so I can start adding next coat of shine. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

Buckskincolt
08-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I had prepped my car and then used UPG+ 2 coats as LSP. I was going to top with Collonite 845 but multiple coats of UPG+ were recommended. Today I washed the car from the bottom up to prepare for 2 weekend shows. I dried with leaf blower but there Are still some tiny water spots. If I want to add a 3rd coat of UPG + should I wipe down with Ultima Detailer Plus, then add next coat or wipe down with IPA 1st, then add next coat? Please answer before morning so I can start adding next coat of shine. Thanks, Spiney-Dave
Don't use the IPA unless you want strip away the other coats of sealant. Give it a quick wipe with the detailer to get rid of the water spots then add a coat of UPG+ and you are set.