PDA

View Full Version : The Blob

oldgeek
08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Anybody have any techniques or suggestions for using the Langka chip repair kit with a
tri-coat paint?

I've got a diamond pearl white 2009 honda accord. I've got touch up paint that consists of a base-coat, a "mid-coat", and a clear-coat.

My thoughts are to just put a thin layer of base coat so that it is below the surface of the surrounding paint, fill with the mid-coat. If I'm still under the surface of the surrounding paint, I'll add the clear coat, otherwise, I'll remove the blob of the mid-coat and skip the clear coat.... I know that it won't look perfect. I don't know if the clear coat is actually of any value to make it match any closer.

oldgeek
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
:bump:

FUNX650
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM
a tri-coat paint

I don't know if the clear coat is actually of any value to make it match any closer.

Tri-Coat is a little more difficult of a "repair" repair (a re-spray/blending even).
And...Even if the CC doesn't add "value to make it match any closer"...

Depending on this Langka's CC formulation, CC should add 'protection' to the intermediary, underlying BC/TC paint-films.
This protection could/should include UV-rays absorbers/inhibitors, as well as a barrier, so to say, to help wage war
against environmental contaminates and car-washing/detailing-techniques...IMO.

I will only suggest to follow the directions/guidelines for using your Langka kit...

You control "The Blob" sizes, afterall.

Also: Before and after pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Bob