PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving the '12 Mustang GT...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Hold your breath, I will have this car for a few years. :D Ingot Silver Premium. The only option is the 401A Interior Package.

Already ordered Steeda Ultralite lowering Springs, Koni Shocks & Struts, California Special Front Splitter, and the FRPP GT500 axle back exhaust. Up next will be 20" wheels(Forgestar F14 gunmetal).

NICK, will you please put the new Sonus Towels up for sale?!?! :D

01GreyStangGT
08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I have ingot silver also on a 2011 GTCS. Looks great with Blackfire Wet diamond and Midnight Sun. Adds depth to the color.

timaishu
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Silver..... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I thought you said you got it in grey?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I have ingot silver also on a 2011 GTCS. Looks great with Blackfire Wet diamond and Midnight Sun. Adds depth to the color.
Awesome. I'll keep that in mind. My first LSP will be GTechniq silo seal.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Silver..... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I thought you said you got it in grey?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to look at the Grey one and the rear bumper was repainted. I had enough, so I bought new. I actually really like Ingot Silver. The only silver on a car I've looked at that I didn't like was the camaro silver. Or, it could have just been the bloated look of the car.

AirVenture
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
...and you'll love it more and more everyday! I love my 2011 Grabber Blue and it's just a lil V6 :)

timaishu
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Its great knowing how to spot repaints huh. Some are so bad I only need a second to determine whats a repaint.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
...and you'll love it more and more everyday! I love my 2011 Grabber Blue and it's just a lil V6 :)
Very cool! :) I have the charcoal grey leather with Grabber blue accents! :props:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Its great knowing how to spot repaints huh. Some are so bad I only need a second to determine whats a repaint.
Most people would not have known. The alignment was ever do slightly off on one part that I noticed. Red flag! Then, I felt around the edges and came across a very rough edge of about 3 inches. I then went back and looked closely where it was misaligned. Sure enough, the was a clip missing, so I pulled out the panel a bit and there was a bunch of white compound sitting on the top. The actual color match was very good, but it's the small(yet big) details that gave it away.

timaishu
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Most people would not have known. The alignment was ever do slightly off on one part that I noticed. Red flag! Then, I felt around the edges and came across a very rough edge of about 3 inches. I then went back and looked closely where it was misaligned. Sure enough, the was a clip missing, so I pulled out the panel a bit and there was a bunch of white compound sitting on the top. The actual color match was very good, but it's the small(yet big) details that gave it away.

Just because it looks good now doesn't mean it will look good a few years down the road.

I wish I knew how to spot repaints when I bought my car. The front and rear bumper are repaints, the color match it decent, but the flake is very off. Rear bumper's cc is peeling and oxidizing. It looked good when I bought it 3 years ago.

timaishu
08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
SO when do we get to see pics? You never showed us your camaro, or your other mustang.

rider9195
08-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Aren't the F14's crazy expensive??

ArkayoDeetayo
08-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey Mark! A bit confused about your post, do you have the car already? are you ordering it new and having it transported? I noticed you like white/silvers, personally I would love the light/baby blue ;)

Can you post pictures when you get it or have a chance?
You look to be very knowledgable on car customization/modification/upgrades, very cool. I wouldn't know how to install any new parts or any wiring ;(

Sounds like you already spent around $1000 on those parts already, hope you get the car just the way you like it since you will be keeping it for several years.

Man those rims you plan to get look sick, how much those going to cost you a piece?

Wish you the best

DonMTV
08-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Mark,
Have you joined SVTPerformance.com (http://www.svtperformance.com) yet? It is a great site for a Mustang owner. You should also check out True Forged wheels too. Steve the owner is a vendor on the website and really tries to make great deals on wheels.

Don

FUNX650
08-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Already ordered Steeda Ultralite lowering Springs, Koni Shocks & Struts, California Special Front Splitter, and the FRPP GT500 axle back exhaust. Up next will be 20" wheels(Forgestar F14 gunmetal).

Hi Mark...

I know you're kind of busy nowadays...
You've already ordered this little add-on unit, haven't you? :D

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/StangSupercharger.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/48754)

BTW...Can't wait to see some pics!!

:)

Bob