PDA

View Full Version : Car Streaking...Need Help

soccer05
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
I think I used to much polish when polishing and then I put a sealant and a wax on top. Every time I use a detailer spray or waterless spray and buff it off, it leaves streaks. I think the polish residue is causing the streaks. What do you guys think? What should I do to fix it?

Thanks

AutowerxDetailing
08-08-2012, 06:10 PM
IDK if the polishing residue would be causing the streaks (as you are describing them) since you are saying that you only see them when using your QD to wipe down the car. Why do you think the polishing residue is causing the problem? How did you remove polishing residue from the paint after buffing? I'm not sure I could offer any help without knowing what QD you are using and seeing the streaks.

On that note, and working only off of pure speculation and assumptions... here goes:

The streaks you are seeing are not being caused by the QD spray; rather, they are being caused by the sealant/wax "streaking" off the paint as you wipe over them with the QD spray. If you had polish residue under the sealant, it will not bond with the paint properly and this problem is being further compounded with the 2nd coat of wax that is over the already not strongly bonded sealant. Your wiping action is causing these 3 layers of product to interact in a way that is producing the streaks you see.

It could also just be excess QD that needs to be wiped away with a fresh MF... Im the MAN

soccer05
08-08-2012, 06:19 PM
That is very true. It just might be excess QD. I will try to use a less amount tomorrow and post back the results :D

BobbyG
08-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Typically when too much spray wax or detail sprays is used it leaves streaks. This also happens when you spray the product on the finish.

When you think about the products film thickness after it drys this should give you an idea of how much product you'll actually need...

Try spraying the product lightly to a folded clean dry microfiber towel then apply "it" to the finish wiping lightly in a straight line...:props: