PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Gainesville, Florida! Beware, some reading ensues....

ihaveacamaro
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello AG'ers! I joined a little while ago, but now that I have a little more money coming in, I plan to get way more serious about detailing my 2010 Chevy Camaro. My eventual plan is to get rid of all my improper washing induced swirlies and then apply opticoat 2.0!

Until then, I generally wash with a pressure washer and a solution of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n Gloss, and then the two bucket method with the same soap, different concentration though. My detail spray of choice is UWWP+ (got the concentrate from AG) and I use that on the inside too. And then after drying with detail spray, I seal or wax whichever I feel like.

Some history about my car: I have an Aqua Blue Metallic, which is one of only 3,600, since the Aqua Blue Metallic was discontinued on the Camaro nearly two years ago. And even though it is already special, it is even more special because I have VIN 000198 (last 6 digits of vin) off the lot and that is PRE-PRODUCTION, meaning my car was made before vin 100001, the first production Camaro. It was made in February of 2009 on the first day the new Camaro factory opened up!

I could have saved this car and I know in 30 years that it would be worth an astronomical amount, but I just want to drive it so bad, I love my car too much to just let it sit and get dust for years to come.... and once I decided that, I decided to start modding.

I installed/did all the modifications, even the Hex Vents (which included making two huge holes into my hood)! Well except the doors, that was too hard for me.

Some people say my car looks ricey, I see it as my dream car. Just perspective :) Either way,

My mods include (all that I can think of right now):
Lambo Doors,
Hex Vents Painted Summit White
GM High Wing Spoiler Painted Summit White
Custom White NS-1 Stripes
SS Exhaust (mine is the V6 so adding the SS exhaust really changed the note)
Injen Intake
(Plastidip) White RS Wheels
(Plastidip) White Trunk Bezels
ABM (Aqua Blue Metallic) Painted Brake Calipers
ABM/White Painted Engine Cover
Dash Ambient Lighting Extension
Rear-View Camera
RX Catch Can
Chevy Emblem Vinyl Overlays (White up front, Orange on the back)
Dye Stitching
LED License Plate Lights

AAC (a well known interior lighting company for Camaros and many cars):
Amber (Orange) Headlight And Fog Halos Installed As DRLs
ABL (Ambient Lighting Color-Matching) Footwells x 4
ABL Dome And Trunk Light
Afterburners
Reverse LEDs (instead of the ugly yellow stock ones)
Illuminated Rear Bowtie (Amber/Orange)

And that's all I can think of now and so here are some pictures:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398447&d=1342380837

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398448&d=1342380837

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398446&d=1342380837

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=400083&d=1342740004

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=400084&d=1342740004

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=397324&d=1342149483

Old picture showing the doors and my halos that I installed, notice the different stripe kit, non-painted wheels, no spoiler etc!:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=315939&d=1324146042

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=315938&d=1324146042

Porsche Pilot
08-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Welcome to AGO from a fellow Gainesville resident. Beautiful Camaro. Go Gators!!

Bigbull2984
08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Welcome to AG!!!
Who did the Lambo doors Ultimate Audio or SDP?

I am from Ocala and went to school in Gainesvile. Lot of my mods were done at Ultimate Audio, and my suspension work at SDP.

ihaveacamaro
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Welcome to AGO from a fellow Gainesville resident. Beautiful Camaro. Go Gators!!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from another Gainesvillean lol! Do you have a shop here? maybe I could stop by and say hello :xyxthumbs: and Go Gators! I did the Orange headlights and blue paint combo for that very reason ;)

Welcome to AG!!!
Who did the Lambo doors Ultimate Audio or SDP?

I am from Ocala and went to school in Gainesvile. Lot of my mods were done at Ultimate Audio, and my suspension work at SDP.

Thanks for the welcome!

Actually Sound Waves of Tampa did them. I saw the results of their installation on another Camaro, and the drive was well worth it. Also, my parents live in Tampa, so it was killing two birds with one stone.

I did all the other mods :xyxthumbs:

Porsche Pilot
08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks! I'm glad to hear from another Gainesvillean lol! Do you have a shop here? maybe I could stop by and say hello :xyxthumbs: and Go Gators! I did the Orange headlights and blue paint combo for that very reason ;)

I used to have a pretty active mobile and home based service. For the past several months I have been working exclusively for some exotic and luxury clients. It keeps me busy enough. We will definitely have to get the N. FLA guys together some weekend and do some B.S.'ing and cruising the backroads.

Mike Phillips
08-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi Roshan,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Thanks for the Private Message about your Camaro and now seeing is BELIEVING!

Cool!

:dblthumb2:

Bigbull2984
08-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Actually I had stuff done there too. Sound Waves is pretty awesome.

I finished school at USF and started my career in Tampa. I use to live in Tampa Palms. In WV now...

ihaveacamaro
08-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Actually I had stuff done there too. Sound Waves is pretty awesome.

I finished school at USF and started my career in Tampa. I use to live in Tampa Palms. In WV now...

Yup, they do have a premium, but for their hard work and seamless installation of something that can go as wrong as lambo doors, I was happy to pay it.

I had a friend in Tampa I met through Camaro5.com and he asked where I did it from and I told him soundwaves. They couldn't fit him until the next week and he was too impatient. What ended up was he paid the same amount of money at another (inferior) shop and his installation looks terrible. His door lines don't match, his door is out more than the rest of the body, just a total nightmare... he should've gone to soundwaves lol

sproketser
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Welcome aboard , nice Camaro !

DaveT435
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice Camaro...are you going to get the wheel powder coated white??

ihaveacamaro
08-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Welcome aboard , nice Camaro !

Thanks! :dblthumb2:

Nice Camaro...are you going to get the wheel powder coated white??

Well, I've figure out with these 800 dollars pirellis, that it's a better investment to buy takeoffs from ebay for approximately 1200, and then sell my old wheels and everything for about 400-500 plus shipping.

That way, for the same price as buying new tires, I get a whole brand new set of wheels and tires!

And then once I get my brand new set in, I'll powdercoat them. So I'm looking at a year or two until I powder coat them. And until then the plastidip looks good, holds up well, and only cost about 40 dollars to apply so I'm a happy camper Im the MAN

AntC
08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey Welcome to the Geek !!!!!!!:welcome:, Im digging the Lambo doors

DaveT435
08-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks! :dblthumb2:

Well, I've figure out with these 800 dollars pirellis, that it's a better investment to buy takeoffs from ebay for approximately 1200, and then sell my old wheels and everything for about 400-500 plus shipping.

That way, for the same price as buying new tires, I get a whole brand new set of wheels and tires!

And then once I get my brand new set in, I'll powdercoat them. So I'm looking at a year or two until I powder coat them. And until then the plastidip looks good, holds up well, and only cost about 40 dollars to apply so I'm a happy camper Im the MAN
:xyxthumbs:

ihaveacamaro
08-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Hey Welcome to the Geek !!!!!!!:welcome:, Im digging the Lambo doors

Thanks! Love this forum already, great knowledge and bunch of people willing to help out.

The doors are the most dramatic cosmetic mod so far, but the stripes are a close second!

But I don't normally open them up, just during shows, so for 99% of the time, the stripes are what catches people's attention :)