PDA

View Full Version : Meguairs G-110 Buffer

dwblindref
08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Just curious how many others have had troubles with the Meguair's G-110 buffer. I was on my 3rd unit and that did last a couple of years before it decided to quit on me yesterday while I was in the middle of my wife's car. Luckily I borrowed one from my friend down the street and completed the job. Today I purchased a Griot's buffer which I'll try out tomorrow on my show car Mustang SVT Cobra. I called Meguair's today and they did not even want to know my name because the unit is out of warranty. Really, are you serious. Finally they said to send it back and they will take a look at it and try to decide what went wrong. These old G110's have a history of eating brushes, yet they do not sell brushes for them. You send it back to them if it is less than 1 year old and they will send you a new one. At least the new G model buffers have external brush replacement. I don't know if you can purchase the brushes for the new ones so that is why I went for the lifetime Griot's Garage buffer.

So does anyone else have issues with the G-110 buffers?

Thanks

Rsurfer
08-07-2012, 01:48 AM
You also get spare brushes with the Griot.
Just curious how many others have had troubles with the Meguair's G-110 buffer. I was on my 3rd unit and that did last a couple of years before it decided to quit on me yesterday while I was in the middle of my wife's car. Luckily I borrowed one from my friend down the street and completed the job. Today I purchased a Griot's buffer which I'll try out tomorrow on my show car Mustang SVT Cobra. I called Meguair's today and they did not even want to know my name because the unit is out of warranty. Really, are you serious. Finally they said to send it back and they will take a look at it and try to decide what went wrong. These old G110's have a history of eating brushes, yet they do not sell brushes for them. You send it back to them if it is less than 1 year old and they will send you a new one. At least the new G model buffers have external brush replacement. I don't know if you can purchase the brushes for the new ones so that is why I went for the lifetime Griot's Garage buffer.

So does anyone else have issues with the G-110 buffers?

Thanks

Nappers
08-07-2012, 04:09 AM
I've read that people have problems left and right, and I've read that some use them a lot and no problems.

Take the brushes to a hardware store that you know sells brushes. they may be able to match them or you can grind them to match.

habeba86
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Alot of ppl have problems......including me.

PAR Detailing
08-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I haven't had a single issue with mine. It is the DA that I use most and I have that, the PCxp and the Griots.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with yours