PDA

View Full Version : Which products to use? Help!!!

Djshadyad6
08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I am looking into starting a mobile operation soon. I am not to familiar with what's the best chemical brand to use. I want to offer my customers the best but not break my pockets at the same time. I know Meguiars is a household name. And I like Pinnacle from watching AG videos. But do you guys think those would be good to start out with? Or is there any other food names that will do a food job that I should know about? I'm basically looking for waxes, polishes, compounds, and clay products....

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I am looking into starting a mobile operation soon. I am not to familiar with what's the best chemical brand to use. I want to offer my customers the best but not break my pockets at the same time. I know Meguiars is a household name. And I like Pinnacle from watching AG videos. But do you guys think those would be good to start out with? Or is there any other food names that will do a food job that I should know about? I'm basically looking for waxes, polishes, compounds, and clay products....

There are so many different products out there that it's too hard to point out a "good" one; everybody has his or her preference and what I suggest doing is buying a few different products by different manufacturers and see which one you personally like best. I think you will be quite pleased with Meg's and Mother's products as well as those professinal detailing supplies sold by AG.

I know that in my business, I use both professional chemicals as well as Meg's, Mothers and other "over the counter" products.

Djshadyad6
08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok cool. I appreciate it. I will take your advice. I plan on taking a detailing class also to learn more about what each product does. Thanks again :)

ziggo99
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Honestly, you really can't beat Meguiar's for the price-performance sweet spot and without confusing yourself. Your clients will be satisfied with your choice of products.

From their Detailer line:

All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103
Super Degreaser D108
Wheel Brightner D140
All Season Dressing D160
Hyper Dressing D170
Leather Cleaner and Conditioner D180
Glass Cleaner Concentrate D120
Paint Reconditioning Cream D151
Last Touch D155
Hyper Wash D110
Clay-mild C2000
X-press Spray Wax D156
From their Mirror Glaze line:

M105 and M205 compound and polish
M21 paint sealant

You can pick up their Microfiber correction system if you like. It's a nice, quick system.
For tar, you can get Stoner's Tarminator locally and it works very well.

I think that about covers all the bases.

ArkayoDeetayo
08-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Poorboys
Chemical Guys
Meguiars

these three are pretty much the production detail lines