PDA

View Full Version : Moving biz from LA To TN, have some ?s

Pages : [1] 2

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Well like title says, ill be moving me an my biz from LA to TN here in Oct. Ive had my mobile detailing biz here in LA for 4yrs now an have quite a few regular clients/customers, an have been pretty successful. Well to make a long story short im moving to TN for a women (high school sweetheart). My biz is an LLC an its me an my sister on the LLC, well we will be dissolving the LLC an i figure i would just redo an LLC in just my name once i move to TN. I know theirs a few detailers on this forum that are in TN, an was wondering if there are any laws or regulations regarding our trade in TN (water runoff, chemical use,things of that nature) that i need to know. Figured ill find something part time until word gets out an business picks up. Also im wondering what im going to do with my client list, a few friends have mentioned selling it to another detailer in town. There is a few dozen mobile detailers around my area but honestly I trust about 3 to take care of my clients the way they expect, being that most of them are on my VIP package an pay $100-$150 a month for this service(most are biweekly but some are every week). So they expect high quality work and reliability when paying $100 or more a month. Ive busted my butt to get the clients i have an really dont want to just give them away to someone. Just hope for some input from you guys on my questions an maybe some incite on things i haven't thought of.
Thanks again guys

Klasse Act
08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Sorry I don't have any business suggestions about moving from LA to Tenn but understand this, ORANGE is the color down there, lots of ORANGE T's.....everywhere! Good luck to you in your business and finding that girl!!

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry I don't have any business suggestions about moving from LA to Tenn but understand this, ORANGE is the color down there, lots of ORANGE T's.....everywhere! Good luck to you in your business and finding that girl!!

LOL very true theres a ton of orange there. But hey i lived in FL for 16yrs an was an still am a die hard LSU Fan. So ive heard it all. haha They need a lil purple an gold in there life! lol
thanks

DaveT435
08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I have some family in TN. what part are you moving to?? I would definitely try to sell your customer list. You might have to split it between the three you trust. Doesn't sound like any one company can handle it and their regular business. Approach the three...tell them you will personally call the customers and give them their contact information and your strong recommendation. I'm sure you would have to have some kind of agreement...something like X amount per customer that uses them at least once. If they can't keep the customer then that is on them.

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I have some family in TN. what part are you moving to?? I would definitely try to sell your customer list. You might have to split it between the three you trust. Doesn't sound like any one company can handle it and their regular business. Approach the three...tell them you will personally call the customers and give them their contact information and your strong recommendation. I'm sure you would have to have some kind of agreement...something like X amount per customer that uses them at least once. If they can't keep the customer then that is on them.
Moving to the town morristown about 40 miles outside Knoxville.

jeremy0203
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
women arent worth it =D

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM
women arent worth it =D

Maybe the women you've been messing with. Lol jp

A-train
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Good luck in your new venture my friend. I hope you can have even better success in TN. Just make sure you send me that new address so we can keep those trades going! :xyxthumbs:

jeremy0203
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
make her come to you...... keep your business and get the lady, win win situation.

DaveT435
08-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Wrong part of the state...

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Wrong part of the state...

An why might that be. Knoxville is only 40 miles away an I travel more than that now everyday to get to
My clients.

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 08:57 PM
make her come to you...... keep your business and get the lady, win win situation.

Tried that man. She's got to good of a thing there where if I didn't want to I don't have to work if I didn't want too but that's not like me. Lol

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Good luck in your new venture my friend. I hope you can have even better success in TN. Just make sure you send me that new address so we can keep those trades going! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks man will do. I'm still waiting on a trade so I can try out that brown royal. Lol

DaveT435
08-06-2012, 09:02 PM
An why might that be. Knoxville is only 40 miles away an I travel more than that now everyday to get to
My clients.
I said I have family in TN...they are in Memphis...other side of the state I believe...

LSUFAN
08-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I said I have family in TN...they are in Memphis...other side of the state I believe...

O sorry sir didn't look at who posted lol. If I remember correctly Anthony from B&B is located by Memphis. He's on this forum an I know he dose amazing work. But hey if price is right I'll travel. Lol.