PDA

View Full Version : I don't like this!

Pages : [1] 2

sparkie
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Google has implemented a new feature, which enables you to type a telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and you will be given the person's name and address. If you then hit MapQuest, you will get a map to the person's house. Everyone should be aware of this! It's a nationwide reverse telephone book.

If a child gives out his/her phone number, someone can now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious, and alarming.

Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked. I tried my number and it came up along with the mapquest and directions straight to our house. I did fill out the removal form for myself, and encourage all of you to do the same. Quite scary.

Please look up your own number.

In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to: google (Google (http://www.google.com)) Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit enter. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, simply click on your telephone number and then click on the Removal Form. Removal takes 48-hours.

Check your own number and although this may not apply to you if you have an unlisted number or cell phone as primary contact, but you may know someone who needs to know this.

Please share this information with friends and family. You may have to try it more than once for your number to come up. Scary!!!???

Rapidity
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
there are about a 1000 reverse phone lookup tools on the net these days. Good luck removing yourself from all of them. Pretty sure you can dial 411 on any phone and ask them too ;)

nick19
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Found it..

ltoman
04-09-2007, 03:45 PM
If you look under super pages.com, you can do a reverse lookup using a phone number. Unless of course, you are unlisted. Want something scarier? I won't go there - just trust me on it.

Rapidity
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM
If you spend enough time and energy you can find a whole lot of seemingly private but actually public information about people. All you need to know is basic info about them. Things most people give up in a conversation.

Or you could just spend the $20 or whatever and have a background done from the web.

P1et
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I wonder who doesn't have my home phone number!!!

supercharged
04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info, Sparkie.

Jimmie
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Appreciate it Sparkie. All of our info came up. Scary thing was seeing that green arrow point at our house. Thanks.

Nuke33
04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Thats crazy

joe.p
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
If you look under super pages.com, you can do a reverse lookup using a phone number. Unless of course, you are unlisted. Want something scarier? I won't go there - just trust me on it.
Lauren is that you who keeps calling my house..Gary said he was getting the same calls J/K:p

Nica
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
wow that's interesting and kinda weird/scary. I've always tought my little girl to not speak ot strangers and now I need to teach my self that. Make sure I don't give out any of my information to just anyone, funy how the world is changing huh.

Thanks for sharing sparkie, good info.

ltoman
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Lauren is that you who keeps calling my house..Gary said he was getting the same calls J/K:p

yah Joey - you found me out - what can I say? Next time I will just have to talk dirty to you guys....lol
j/k!

nick19
04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
yah Joey - you found me out - what can I say? Next time I will just have to talk dirty to you guys....lol
j/k!

You mean diritier? ;)

Surfer
04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Google and the others are retarded, they have an address of ours showing from 15 years ago under my mothers name with the old phone number for that house.....yeh....we don't live there anymore and have moved twice since then lol.

scottgt
04-09-2007, 08:44 PM
just another way for those sick freaks out there to get to people