PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailer

Pages : [1] 2

White Thunder
04-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I was thinkin about starting a detail business and was wondering what kind a waxes a mobile detailer uses because most otc waxes says not to use in direct sun light and I only have otc stuff.

D
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
justin30513 and whitethunder46 are both mobile. Whitethunder is just starting up his business. I know Justin uses Liquid Souveran and Paste, and DP Max Wax is one of his favorites. Ask him about using those in the sun.

orngez
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
just about any of the top brands wil work in direct sun ie.xmt/wolfgang/poorboys/etc.....fwiw- even products designed to work in the sun are still a pain to use...invest in an "easy-up" from any sporting goods store, home depot...etc...the kind that you just pull open and instant shade...don't bother with the ones that require assembly...its worth the xrta 10 bucks for the one that opens and closes like an accordian....

mrnextel
04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
just about any of the top brands wil work in direct sun ie.xmt/wolfgang/poorboys/etc.....fwiw- even products designed to work in the sun are still a pain to use...invest in an "easy-up" from any sporting goods store, home depot...etc...the kind that you just pull open and instant shade...don't bother with the ones that require assembly...its worth the xrta 10 bucks for the one that opens and closes like an accordian....

Yeh there are allot of different ones, from 10'x10' and all the way up.

im actually waiting to get one but it looks like I better not wait too long, I have my eye on one that is 20'x20' weighs 100lbs, but it opens all by itself, and it has shades for the sides, so you could be totally enclosed, which would be nice for in the rain! Just watch the puddles and your cords, loll.

I may just keep it up all summer to keep cars in, bout $250 for the huge one, and $40-$60 for a simple popup 10x10 to shade sun. Which is all most need, I tend to overdo everything.

nick19
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeh there are allot of different ones, from 10'x10' and all the way up.

im actually waiting to get one but it looks like I better not wait too long, I have my eye on one that is 20'x20' weighs 100lbs, but it opens all by itself, and it has shades for the sides, so you could be totally enclosed, which would be nice for in the rain! Just watch the puddles and your cords, loll.

I may just keep it up all summer to keep cars in, bout $250 for the huge one, and $40-$60 for a simple popup 10x10 to shade sun. Which is all most need, I tend to overdo everything.

I was considering a 20x25. A professional one runs about $1,200 or so.

mrnextel
04-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I was considering a 20x25. A professional one runs about $1,200 or so.

ouch:eek:

budman3
04-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I was thinkin about starting a detail business and was wondering what kind a waxes a mobile detailer uses because most otc waxes says not to use in direct sun light and I only have otc stuff.

If you are seriously going to be a mobile detailer you need to step away from the OTC lines... you won't get good results like you would with other products, you won't be able to buy in bulk and you're probably paying more OTC. Just my opinions though.

Do some research and you'll find good products for sun use... All Poorboy's World products are sun friendly.

Nuke33
04-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Im planing on useing poorboys world nattys wax

D
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I agree, forget the OTC products. Except maybe tire shines, purple power, Woolite, Folex, Mothers metal polish, etc.

justin_murphy
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
The XMT line is wonderful to use in the sun. The new all in one is a mobile detailers dream. Works well in the sun, even on black. It can remove a lot of defects and can clean the paint like liquid clay. Max Wax is very workable in the sun. It a wax on/wax off product. Meaning you apply it to a panel and remove immediately. No drying needed. Liquid Souveran is easy in the sun to use also.

Optimum's products are also good in the sun.

One tip though:
Decide on a high quality line and stick with it and learn it. This will save you both money and time in the long run.

Oh yeah..........welcome aboard!

White Thunder
04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
What about water do I need to get some kind of water tank with a pump?

justin_murphy
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Go to detrailers.com and that will give you some ideas.

D
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
If its ok with the customer then you could use their water/ electricity. Id bring your own hose and get a filter, Total Filter Kit or Deluxe Filter Kit. Ive got hard water and would have terrible water spots. I got the Total Filter kit and just need the water softener filter.

White Thunder
04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I went to that website and the cheapest one i seen was 995.00
Mobile carwash/detail system w/o generator am i lookin at the right stuff?

Whitethunder46
04-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Here's my quick rundown. I just skimmed over everone's post:

Waxes: DP's Maxwax for mettalics, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran for light colors, PB's Natty's Blue for darkers, Souveran for the high end vehicles. (since it's WOWO, I don't find a problem with it in the sun.... yet)

Sealants: I've only used DG 105 but it works tremendously. I'm going to also have WG's DGPS I do have UPP, but have yet to try.

Polishes/Compounds: Entire XMT line which works fantastically in the sun, almost better in the sun. I also use Optimum and I will be buying a Menzerna polish designed for hard CC's.

Glass: Dp's Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner. Must have.

That's about it off the top of my head that needs to work well in the sun. O yes, DG's AW and Pinnacle CM work just fine as well. As does Souveran Spray Wax which I haven't tried yet.

I use the customers water/electricity and I've stressed on my website it must be within 100ft. of the vehicle. I try to utilize a rinseless wash whenever possible.

Make life easy for you, get the water softener filter on AG. I just got the cartridge and filter (I think for $60, maybe $70), and it works amazingly. It's not going to leave a spt free finish, but if you decide not to dry, the water spot will wipe off effortlessly, with or without a QD. You should towel dry after washing anyways to eliminate the risk of water spots.