PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi buffer vs the others....?

BlackRocks
05-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I am going to get a rotary buffer and start honing in my skills with it over the next few months. I get great reviews of Hitachi power tools locally and was wondering what you all think of the Hitachi buffer versus the Makita. These two are the lightest of the units out there, so I would like to limit the dicsussion to these two. Any reason not to get the Hitachi???

My body shop connection called yesterday and said they have a hood and a fender with enough 'good' area left for me to practice if I wanted them. I would like to get a buffer on order soon, so all comments welcome.

Todd

ScottB
05-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey Todd,

you already saw my post , but here is my take. Super warranty, lighter than the rest, more powerful. So as long as you can stand something green, then it truly is a nice affordable choice.

Neothin
05-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I like my hitachi. I don't get fatigued after an hour or so of using it and it's a very easy machine to handle. It can go down to 600 rpm's or some low number like that so if your just starting out, it can accomodate your lack of experience. the only problem that i have with it is the lack of a gentle start feature. when you pull the trigger, it torques instantly and starts spinning. while this in itself isn't a problem, it does tend to sling polish all over the place.

BlackRocks
05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you for the replies. I am going to move forward on a purchase of the Hitachi. Autogeek has it for something like 40.00 less than the Makita. Can't beat the price.

Todd